Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Nos Alazan

Old September 8th, 2010, 10:40 PM
I'm having problems with the power Battle Form from Mecha and Manga. What I'm trying to do is add more powers to existing powers and arrays/containers but HL does not provide the means of pulling this off.

Here's an example:

Protection

none -> BF:Protection 6 -> BF:2nd Stage: Protection 6 w/ Impervious

Magic

Teleport,Paralyze -> Teleport, Paralyze, Devastating Blast, Disintegrate

If anyone can provide a work around I'd really appreciate it. Other than just printing it out and writing the mods myself
Nos Alazan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 10th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos Alazan View Post
I'm having problems with the power Battle Form from Mecha and Manga. What I'm trying to do is add more powers to existing powers and arrays/containers but HL does not provide the means of pulling this off.

Here's an example:

Protection

Magic

If anyone can provide a work around I'd really appreciate it. Other than just printing it out and writing the mods myself
This may only be in the Beta Test version of 2E....so if you don't see it now, you'll "soon" see a Power Extra called 'Stacks With' that should do what you are looking for. ;-)

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old September 10th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Yeah... the second bit, adding new items to the array, now that could be a bit trickier.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Nos Alazan

Old September 11th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Okay this is what I did... Rather than using "stacks with" I ended up using "Impervious Toughness" to handle the toughness issue and the work-around I used was to use the existing Magic power followed by creating a custom flaw at the same level of the array to represent a spell that was added on. Naturally this flaw has to be reduced according to how you modify the array such as increasing magic level or adding in a new spell. In case you might be wondering the reason why I did not use "Stacks with" for the Magic problem is because the array scores don't stack on top of each other

Hope that last part helps anyone who runs into a similar problem.

Last edited by Nos Alazan; September 11th, 2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Magic array issues
Nos Alazan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 11th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Being able to add additional Alternates to an Array really should be a legitimate option for an Alternate Form, though.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old September 11th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
Being able to add additional Alternates to an Array really should be a legitimate option for an Alternate Form, though.
In the two 2E games I'm currently in, Arrays are looked at as, primarily, a collection of alternates to the Default power.

There is much, umm, disagreement about whether one should be able to use a Hero Point to get an Alt version of an Alternate Slot Power of an Array.

In case you're wondering, it's from the interpretation that an H.P. can be used to "one-time" add any non-Fortune Feat to a Power and thus Alternate Power is a legit use......also, when an Array is a tight group of alternates, it's hard to say a spin-off of an Alt Slot isn't okay. Much harder to justify if the Array is a collection of disparate Powers but that doesn't stop some from advocating it.

Not trying to start a debate....just getting that off my chest. Plus Alternate Form is a whole other kettle of fish!

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old September 11th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Eh, my view is that it's the same as allowing a feat to apply to the whole of an array. Ultimately, it's possible to have the array be part of what you're APing so that you could, if you wanted, rebuild the array in the Alternate Form plus what was in the base form. For Battle Form, we're just running into the situation that it is supposed to add on rather than supplant.
Duggan is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 14th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos Alazan View Post

Here's an example:

Protection

Magic

Unfortunately there's not really any way to do this in Hero Lab; there's no way to put powers under other constructs (e.g. using Battle Form to add a new power to a Container).

I recommend that you either put the power under Battle Form itself, or simply add it to the original container with a "Battle Form Only" note and refund yourself the extra power points using an adjustment on the "Adjust" tab.

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote