Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Overlord

Old January 19th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Hello out there

I am writing to you to ask a few questions. Mostly about Lord of the rings. I finally figured out how to get lord of the rings to work on my army builder 3.1. and I noticed that allot of your information on there is wrong. When I went to the FAQ's to see if you had addressed these problems it was mest up to. It states that see the FAQ's below for information. But there is no Below, there is just your e-mail address. Some of the ? I have for you is, are you going to update the rules for Lord of the Rings, and will the fight part ever be fixed. What I meen by that is that when I give anyone a bow there Fight skill go's to "0". ie. Goblins I give them bows and there fighting go's from 2/ to "0". where it should be 2/5+. I also noticed that the point coast of allot of your stuff matches nothing in the old and the latest version of the rules for this game. ie. the Balrog. the old version he is worth 250points, and in the new he is worth 400 points, on yours it is worth 500 points, you can not change the Willpower of the ringwrath on felbeast, which is an important thing to do for the ring wrath. Also I looked every where in the rules that states that you can have a shield with a bow and the only thing I could find is that it states if you drop your bow you can pick up a shield. Some of the coast of the weapons are wrong too. I feel that I spent some hard earned money on this program to find out that I cant use it at all for the game I like to play, I dont want to give it back because I do use it for 40k. and that works fine. But my question is is there a fix somewhere out there in the future or am I screwed? or am I just not seeing the fixs. I thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon conserning my questions. If there is a fix can somebody please direct me to where I may locate them.
:P
Overlord is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 22nd, 2006, 08:30 PM
Early last year, one of our users converted the old V2.x data files for LotR to work with V3.x. Apparently, there were problems with that conversion, and the problems were first flagged to our attention last month. The difficult now is that the person who did the conversion is no longer playing LotR and we are unable to work on the files ourselves. The reason we can't directly work on the LotR files is due to the official position taken by GW that forbids our involvement with the creation of data files. That leaves us in a situation where we need a user to volunteer to make the necessary fixes to the files. Would you be interested? :-)

-Rob

At 04:49 PM 1/19/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
Hello out there

I am writing to you to ask a few questions. Mostly about Lord of the rings. I finally figured out how to get lord of the rings to work on my army builder 3.1. and I noticed that allot of your information on there is wrong. When I went to the FAQ's to see if you had addressed these problems it was mest up to. It states that see the FAQ's below for information. But there is no Below, there is just your e-mail address. Some of the ? I have for you is, are you going to update the rules for Lord of the Rings, and will the fight part ever be fixed. What I meen by that is that when I give anyone a bow there Fight skill go's to "0". ie. Goblins I give them bows and there fighting go's from 2/ to "0". where it should be 2/5+. I also noticed that the point coast of allot of your stuff matches nothing in the old and the latest version of the rules for this game. ie. the Balrog. the old version he is worth 250points, and in the new he is worth 400 points, on yours it is worth 500 points, you can not change the Willpower of the ringwrath on felbeast, which is an important thing to do for the ring wrath. Also I looked every where in the rules that states that you can have a shield with a bow and the only thing I could find is that it states if you drop your bow you can pick up a shield. Some of the coast of the weapons are wrong too. I feel that I spent some hard earned money on this program to find out that I cant use it at all for the game I like to play, I dont want to give it back because I do use it for 40k. and that works fine. But my question is is there a fix somewhere out there in the future or am I screwed? or am I just not seeing the fixs. I thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon conserning my questions. If there is a fix can somebody please direct me to where I may locate them.
[img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Overlord

Old January 22nd, 2006, 09:13 PM
Hello Rob
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I am now trying to learn how to edit the prgram so maybe I can fix it. If I figure it out "which I am going to do" I will let you guys know. I have some friends that still play this game and we are going to put our heads together and pound this out. It seems that games workshop is haveing troubles with LOTR here in the US. O well. Once again thank you for your quick reply and I look forward to getting on this and fixing it till then
chris
Overlord is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 23rd, 2006, 11:27 PM
If you get the problem(s) fixed, let us know so that we can enable you to post the fixes for everyone else to access.

If you run into questions about how to accomplish something, don't hesitate to post them here.

-Rob

At 10:13 PM 1/22/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
Hello Rob
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I am now trying to learn how to edit the prgram so maybe I can fix it. If I figure it out "which I am going to do" I will let you guys know. I have some friends that still play this game and we are going to put our heads together and pound this out. It seems that games workshop is haveing troubles with LOTR here in the US. O well. Once again thank you for your quick reply and I look forward to getting on this and fixing it till then
chris
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
chgobiker

Old February 11th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Chris,
I am the person who first brought the LOTR problems to their attention. At least now seeing their reply to you I know what is wrong. There is more wrong than you list in your posting. Below is what I wrote in a couple of emails and postings. If you do fix these problems let me know and I can test for you. Thanks,

Tom (chgobiker@aol.com)

All forces do not have ability to have spears and shields. All
archers have 0 fight value (another bug).

Easterlings are a good example. When you choose shield, spear gets greyed out and is unselectable. When you choose spear, shield gets greyed out and is unselectable.
chgobiker is offline   #5 Reply With Quote