Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

AwakenedSpirit

Old October 2nd, 2020, 09:56 AM
I just activated a demo account for Hero Labs because I'm hoping to GM for a StarFinder campaign and wanted to try HL out before purchasing it, I made an account and went through the process but never did it ask me about a Device Nickname, and now that I'm going to log in to HL online it wants a device nickname after I put in my User and Password. What am I missing here?
AwakenedSpirit is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 2nd, 2020, 11:00 AM
Hello AwakenedSpirit,

The Device Nickname field can be filled out however you choose as long as you ensure that each different Browser or Device you access Hero Lab Online from uses a unique Nickname.

So for example my setup is currently:
Work PC Chrome Browser: WorkLaptop Chrome
Work PC Firefox Browser: WorkLaptop Firefox
Work PC Edge Browser: WorkLaptop Edge
Gaming PC Chrome Browser: Gaming Chrome
Gaming PC Firefox Browser: Gaming Firefox
Phone Chrome Browser: Phone Chrome
... and so on.

The only time you should ever see any errors when entering something in that area is if you use the same Nickname that's already been used in another Browser/Device which you access the service from or fail to enter any text into that field in the first place.
Ryan F is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Thrawn82

Old October 7th, 2020, 07:59 AM
This can also be an issue in the case of an internet disconnect. the server thinks the device is still logged in and so won't let you log back in using the same device nickname
Thrawn82 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 16th, 2020, 03:06 AM
The server should never deny a new login. The device nickname is there so that we can send a message to previous device when you login to a device with a different name. So I don't understand the statement here.

Can you please explain the details of this more fully? Ideally, open a support ticket and provide the steps you're taking that cause the problem. Then we can task someone with chasing it down and getting it fixed.

Thanks!
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote