Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sturmrider

Old April 19th, 2017, 05:24 PM
I just created a new monster for an adventure and saved the portfolio. I now want to add them to an encounter in the encounter builder, but they do not show up in the available options. I am wondering what I am missing.

Thank you for your help.
Sturmrider is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old April 19th, 2017, 06:01 PM
Going by this thread, you just put the .por file into the Game System Data Folder (renamed to .stock if desired) and the Encounter Builder will pick it up automatically.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old April 19th, 2017, 07:13 PM
You can also use the encounter builder to do whatever you need to, which will then import all of those options into a portfolio.

Once you're in a portfolio, you can import (all of, or pieces of) another portfolio to that portfolio.

I have one portfolio, which is my party.
And then I have dozens of other portfolios, which are essentially saved encounters.

That includes, "treasure" if it isn't on a creature/NPC that the party will battle.
You can "give to hero" to transfer that to whoever wants to loot it.

If your modified creature needs to be saved in the new format, after being modified in some way by the party, you can "export" it back to the portfolio you got it from. That will erase/re-write the portfolio to only include whatever you export, so perhaps not a great idea if it was an entire encounter, but fine if it is one creature.
Ualaa is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sturmrider

Old April 20th, 2017, 01:43 AM
Thank you just putting it into the pathfinder data folder worked. Now can proceed forward. Thanks again.
Sturmrider is offline   #4 Reply With Quote