Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

TheMaskedFerret

Old January 14th, 2016, 08:13 AM
I would like to request support for multiple Living Campaign options. Pathfinder currently supports the Pathfinder Society and Pathfinder Society Core. However, there is not currently a way for me to add an additional Living Campaign if I wanted.

The way that the Adventurer's League Organized Play is constructed is substantially different than the current Pathfinder Society, and is much closer to Pathfinder Society Core, in that each individual season of Adventurer's League has a specific set of books you can use to create your character. So, we need to be able to create content that works in one of the Organized Play options, but not another.

In addition to the Adventurer's League, there is also the Greyhawk Reborn Living Campaign, which works differently than the Adventurer's League. I would request support for that Organized Play campaign as well.

You might consider adding a new Journal option were you can record items found on adventures (this would apply to both living campaigns). This would allow us to track what gear we have found on what adventure, in addition to money, XP, and faction points.
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
the_redbeard

Old January 14th, 2016, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaskedFerret View Post
You might consider adding a new Journal option were you can record items found on adventures (this would apply to both living campaigns). This would allow us to track what gear we have found on what adventure, in addition to money, XP, and faction points.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
This please.
the_redbeard is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rkalaniz

Old January 15th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Like TheMaskedFerret mentioned, the ability to manage DDAL information is going to be critical for me. The season in which you create your character determines their Story Origin. This can determine critical choices throughout the life of the character such as spells. All of the data on the Adventure Log Sheet (Faction Renown, Downtime Days, Session Notes, DCI numbers of DMs) will be needed as well. Certificate indicators would be nice for items in which a cert is owned, as well as a trade log for certs.
rkalaniz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Elindor

Old January 16th, 2016, 02:47 PM
I suspect that official living campaign support (of any kind) won't be able to be provided until a licence can be obtained from Wizards of the Coast - a lot of material which is not part of the SRD would need to be referenced for that.
Elindor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old January 26th, 2016, 01:15 PM
I really hope yall get an Official License. I would love to be able to buy the new Ravenloft material.
Frodie is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Hollis
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 26th, 2016, 06:39 PM
Journals already include an option to add notes to them. You could record equipment found there. Just click on the button that looks like a pencil.
Hollis is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old January 26th, 2016, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
Journals already include an option to add notes to them. You could record equipment found there. Just click on the button that looks like a pencil.
I'm confused. Have journals been released? The only icon I see that looks like a pencil is the "edit" button on every article and topic.

Feel strange asking about this, having been using RW for so long. Searching the manual PDF, I see mention of the journals and even one screen shot that shows that it should be found on the home ribbon in the "Other Content Views" section, but I don't have that button and it doesn't look like a pencil in the screenshot.

Does the journal only appear in the player's edition?

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dervish

Old January 26th, 2016, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
I'm confused. Have journals been released? The only icon I see that looks like a pencil is the "edit" button on every article and topic.

Feel strange asking about this, having been using RW for so long. Searching the manual PDF, I see mention of the journals and even one screen shot that shows that it should be found on the home ribbon in the "Other Content Views" section, but I don't have that button and it doesn't look like a pencil in the screenshot.

Does the journal only appear in the player's edition?

Herolab MNBlockhead not Realmworks. herolab has a Journal function
Dervish is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2016, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
@Dervish is correct, Hollis was referring to Hero Lab.
liz is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old January 28th, 2016, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
I really hope yall get an Official License. I would love to be able to buy the new Ravenloft material.
+1. Ravenloft is an exception to my general rule of using only self-made content, and I'd really love to play it again with the help of RW.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #10 Reply With Quote