Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

lensman

Old August 29th, 2011, 05:36 AM
I installed herolab into E:\Program Files\Hero Lab

when I check the user manual it opens E:\Program Files\Hero Lab\docs\manual\hpmanual.htm which works.

but following the link for pathfinder E:\Program Files\Hero Lab\data\pathfinder\pathfindermanual.htm I get a connection problem

looking in the folder there is no pathfindermanual.htm so the link is broken

I have looked on my system and do not have it

Is there anywhere I can get a copy?

Thanks
lensman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lorangriel

Old August 31st, 2011, 11:39 AM
I've had this issue also. Any suggestions?
Lorangriel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Adam.Ormond

Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:36 AM
Hmm, well clearly the link is wrong, as the data files are no longer in Program Files\Hero Lab.

I looked in my Program Data Folder (\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\), and I couldn't find the manual there, either. I do see one for 4e, and the sample 'package'.

Appears there are two problems here: 1) the link in the main HL manual is wrong, and 2) the page that should be linked to is not included in the pathfinder package.
Adam.Ormond is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 2nd, 2011, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lensman View Post
but following the link for pathfinder E:\Program Files\Hero Lab\data\pathfinder\pathfindermanual.htm I get a connection problem

looking in the folder there is no pathfindermanual.htm so the link is broken
Pathfindermanual.htm should be where ever the data folder is located. In example mine is "C:/ProgramData/Hero Lab/Data/pathfinder/pathfindermanual.htm"

I am assuming that data is on your C: drive as that is where windows needs/wants it to be. So check out that folder for the manual.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RickSaada

Old September 4th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I had a similar problem, mostly because HL puts the manual in a different place than the application (which I find really weird). I've got a small SSD drive (C) and a large normal drive (D), and I install all my games and such on the D because I don't want WoW eating up all of my SSD. But HL, even when installed on D puts *some* of the manuals on C in the C:\ProgramData directory. I bring up the Hero Lab User Manual and it's in:
D:\Games\Hero Lab\docs\manual\hpmanual.htm
as I would expect. *That* file, however, has links that are broken. I'm using Pathfinder, and the link to the Pathfinder Role Playing Game Manual is
D:\Games\Hero Lab\data\pathfinder\pathfindermanual.htm
but on Windows 7 HL has annoyingly installed it on my SSD drive instead in
C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinder\pathfindermanual.htm
Note that when I launch the manual from HeroLabs menu via Help-Pathfinder Role Playing Game Manual it seems to find the right place. So it looks like the issue is just that hpmanual.htm is busted. It may need to be different for win7 than older versions if HL is putting the data in different places on different OSs
RickSaada is offline   #5 Reply With Quote