Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Cynder

Old January 11th, 2017, 02:22 AM
hi

first post and i know nothing about Eval...

i want to do something VERY, INCREDIBLY simple but cant figure our HTFF to make it work...

ok, here it is,

10 + ProfBonus + aCHA = (number here)

take (number here) and display it next to the item name in the specials tab...

so instead of being DC 13 like on the link below, its DC (number here), and will change with charisma and proficiency bonus changes... thats it!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fgc1wgnaby...%20DC.PNG?dl=0

Last edited by Cynder; January 11th, 2017 at 03:54 PM.
Cynder is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 11th, 2017, 06:42 AM
I would recommend reading the Glossary of Terms for the Editor. Then check out FAQ#2 for all the places to learn about the editor including YouTube videos. Welcome to the wonderful world of using the HL editor which will be the most frustrating and rewarding thing you can do with Hero Lab.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Cynder

Old January 11th, 2017, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I would recommend reading the Glossary of Terms for the Editor. Then check out FAQ#2 for all the places to learn about the editor including YouTube videos. Welcome to the wonderful world of using the HL editor which will be the most frustrating and rewarding thing you can do with Hero Lab.

hi

i have already done everything else i needed to build about the race, this is the final thing and then its complete.

i wasn't after a "here go read this and go away" as i was looking for more if a "heres how you do it" i have already tried to work it out for more then two days and haven't managed it, i don't have time energy or patience to try learning more for one thing that i will do once, i don't have time or energy...

looking for more of an answer, then a heres a link "go figure it out"

know how to do this?

P.S: i had a look, niter links are helpful to me >.<
Cynder is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 11th, 2017, 12:57 PM
Sorry I try and teach people to "fish" I don't provide the FISH. It is usually pointless because then they come back every 10 minutes looking for another Fish.

In addition your question does not have enough information to provide you with an answer. Even more confusing you asked this in Pathfinder and 5e which are different games systems.

So first which game system are you building in? What "Thing" (Custom Ability, Ability, Racial Ability, Class, Archetype) will this eval script going to run on? Most racial abilities have DC logic built directly into the editor and don't even need a script. Its a few button presses.

Find another Thing to look at in the editor and "COPY" its logic. That is best way to learn to do things in the editor. Finding another Thing that does similar logic and copy it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Cynder

Old January 11th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Sorry I try and teach people to "fish" I don't provide the FISH. It is usually pointless because then they come back every 10 minutes looking for another Fish.

In addition your question does not have enough information to provide you with an answer. Even more confusing you asked this in Pathfinder and 5e which are different games systems.

So first which game system are you building in? What "Thing" (Custom Ability, Ability, Racial Ability, Class, Archetype) will this eval script going to run on? Most racial abilities have DC logic built directly into the editor and don't even need a script. Its a few button presses.

Find another Thing to look at in the editor and "COPY" its logic. That is best way to learn to do things in the editor. Finding another Thing that does similar logic and copy it.

i can understand that and that's cool and all but this is the only "fish" i need. i have figured everything else out already and my time is short (need this weekend), i don't ask questions at all normally so this is a desperation measure for me, not laziness.

i asked this in the 5E side originally but saw the pathfinder side was more populated, so i asked it here as well since i figured i am asking for a "count and display" value, witch would work on any system the same really.
(in my mind, forgive me if that's not so)

more details needed:

system: 5E side.
what is this running: custom race ability on a custom race WITH custom arcatypes.
what race then?: kitsune race,
whats this for?: the effect is a saving throw, DC 10 + prof bonus + charisma = saveing value. i already worked out how to link the prof and charisma, don't know how to make it add ten, and give me a number, and then display it like it would a normal DC value. (see Dropbox link for what i mean)

why not use normal DC?: simple, i found that button in a heartbeat, but normal for 5E is 8 +prof+char... not 10+prof+char and that +2 in 5E makes a MASSIVE difference.

why not copy paste?: tryed that, cant find a script that does this. because as you said normally its one button click in the editor, DC + PROF + CHAR.. i need to add 2 to that somehow... and the editor itself wont let me add 2 to that automatic button thing.
Cynder is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 11th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynder View Post
i can understand that and that's cool and all but this is the only "fish" i need. i have figured everything else out already and my time is short (need this weekend), i don't ask questions at all normally so this is a desperation measure for me, not laziness.

i asked this in the 5E side originally but saw the pathfinder side was more populated, so i asked it here as well since i figured i am asking for a "count and display" value, witch would work on any system the same really.
(in my mind, forgive me if that's not so)

more details needed:

system: 5E side.
what is this running: custom race ability on a custom race WITH custom arcatypes.
what race then?: kitsune race,
whats this for?: the effect is a saving throw, DC 10 + prof bonus + charisma = saveing value. i already worked out how to link the prof and charisma, don't know how to make it add ten, and give me a number, and then display it like it would a normal DC value. (see Dropbox link for what i mean)

why not use normal DC?: simple, i found that button in a heartbeat, but normal for 5E is 8 +prof+char... not 10+prof+char and that +2 in 5E makes a MASSIVE difference.

why not copy paste?: tryed that, cant find a script that does this. because as you said normally its one button click in the editor, DC + PROF + CHAR.. i need to add 2 to that somehow... and the editor itself wont let me add 2 to that automatic button thing.
Thanks that helps allot. The logic in 5e and Pathfinder can be very different not always but it can be. Its best to get a better answer in the game system specific to your question. In this case I actually code in both systems so I can help and why I saw your post in both places.

Also the +prof bonus I read as "Profane Bonus" for Pathfinder but Proficiency bonus makes more sense for 5e.

FYI The dropbox link for me goes to a 404 not found.

I can't do 5e scripting off the top of my head. Once I get home from work tonight I will look and post up a script answer.

Just keep in mind you ever ask for a fish again I will point you right back at the FAQ section.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Cynder

Old January 11th, 2017, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Thanks that helps allot. The logic in 5e and Pathfinder can be very different not always but it can be. Its best to get a better answer in the game system specific to your question. In this case I actually code in both systems so I can help and why I saw your post in both places.

Also the +prof bonus I read as "Profane Bonus" for Pathfinder but Proficiency bonus makes more sense for 5e.

FYI The dropbox link for me goes to a 404 not found.

I can't do 5e scripting off the top of my head. Once I get home from work tonight I will look and post up a script answer.

Just keep in mind you ever ask for a fish again I will point you right back at the FAQ section.

not sure why its not working but try this link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fgc1wgnaby...%20DC.PNG?dl=0

fair enough i am not familiar with scripting so i didn't realize there was much of a difference.

do you have any screen sharing software? skype? teamviewer? something like that?

i am happy to do a screen share to show you what i am on about, talk you trough the problem on voice and show you in real time whats happening?

also happy to pay you for your time, if we do this via screen share and it takes more then like 5-15 mins ill be happy to flick some $$$ trough paypal for your time and effort <3

P.S: found out what was wrong with original DB link... it was an ID10.T error XD

i copy pasted this message from the 5E side.. and the 5E log shortened the address and put "..." in the middle to show it was shortened, but when i pasted it, it thought that was the true link XD

D'OH

Last edited by Cynder; January 11th, 2017 at 03:55 PM.
Cynder is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 11th, 2017, 04:58 PM
Quote:
do you have any screen sharing software? skype? teamviewer? something like that?
I do but don't think that is going to be needed.

Quote:
also happy to pay you for your time, if we do this via screen share and it takes more then like 5-15 mins ill be happy to flick some $$$ trough paypal for your time and effort <3
Thanks for that. But I don't take money as it can actually cause me more issues than its worth.

Go into the editor and go to "Race->Racial Custom Ability" tab and click on your Thing. Then click on the blue "Eval Scripts" button on the right side. Click the 'click to add another eval script'. At the very top set Phase: Post-Attributes and Priority: 10000 "Index" is not important leave at 1.

Then copy and paste this script into the text box area:
Code:
field[abDC].value += 10 + hero.child[ProfBonus].field[tProfBonus].value + #attrmod[aCHA]
Do the "Test Now!" and you should be all good then.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Cynder

Old January 11th, 2017, 05:31 PM
Quote:

Thanks for that. But I don't take money as it can actually cause me more issues than its worth.

Go into the editor and go to "Race->Racial Custom Ability" tab and click on your Thing. Then click on the blue "Eval Scripts" button on the right side. Click the 'click to add another eval script'. At the very top set Phase: Post-Attributes and Priority: 10000 "Index" is not important leave at 1.

Code:
field[abDC].value += 10 + hero.child[ProfBonus].field[tProfBonus].value + #attrmod[aCHA]

good and bad news.

good news... it workes almsot perfectly as i hoped, bad news, it says DC 25...

10 +prof (2) + char (3) should be 15...

now.. i am NOT just going to say fix it, so i am going to dissect it here and see how close i am

ok, field[abDC].value i assume, is telling the editor were to put the number..

10 + is the base of 10... nothing hard there

hero.child[profBonus]. i assume is selecting my prof bonus.. but whats the difference between that, and just using profBonus as the editor uses?

field[tProfBonus].value i am not surewe already got the proff bonus before so, i am not sure about this one?

+ #attrmod[aCHA] i assume, it getting my charismer MODIFIER, since i have a charismer os 16, i dont want all 16, i just want the +3 mod from it.. so i assume #attrmod is jsut getting the modifier?

soo.... delete the [tProfBonus] maybe?

thats my guess knowing little to nothing about scripting.
Cynder is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Cynder

Old January 11th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Quote:

Code:
update, i got it working.. though, why it works i have no idea.. heres what i have

field[abDC].value += hero.child[ProfBonus].field[tProfBonus].value + #attrmod[aCHA]

i got rid of the base 10 upfront.. and its now giving me the DC 15 i need..

so... i dont get it though, wheres the 10 coming from?

its giving me 15, the number i need... just from profBonus + aCha... so, i am so lost...

how is this working?
Cynder is offline   #10 Reply With Quote