Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ErinRigh

Old October 25th, 2016, 02:36 AM
I am currently running a game based on steam and steel a guide to fantasy steamworks, so I will be inputting all the game related info from this book for those who are interested, but to start with, I am here for a different reason; I created a steampunk class based on the Paladin, called Gunslinger. The class uses all the same abilities as a Paladin of Freedom, with different starting proficiencies. I also converted an epic prestige class from issue 308 of Dragon called Ordinator, my issue is; I can't get the class to update the class abilities (such as smite evil) to go beyond 20th level (5/day), my coding xp is about now 15 and i still need 985 for second level. If i post the files (which I have done) can someone help me get this class coded?
Attached Files
File Type: zip House_Game.zip (8.3 KB, 0 views)
ErinRigh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old October 25th, 2016, 03:17 AM
Another thing, it doesn't display a list of class abilities with the one's possessed highlighted on the character sheet under the tab Ordinator, if anyone can tell me how to make that happen, i would be forever grateful?
ErinRigh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old October 25th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Class abilities don't usually count "one every X levels." Normally, they say "if you are X level, you have Y charges." Since the cap for base classes is usually 20, most of the abilities stop counting at that level and don't add any more since there is normally no way to go above that.

You will have to go into the scripting and continue the progression or, if you know how, to change the scripting so that it counts levels and adds based on the count.
Illyahr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old October 26th, 2016, 12:54 PM
Actually I wasn't very clear, I don't need the ability to go above 20th level, but rather to stack the ability with the prestige class. Smite Evil goes to 5 times a day for paladins ~ Smite Evil uses per day
#totalcharges[xSmiteEvil] += 1
gaining this ability 5 times a day at 20th level.

Ordinator Stacks with that ability (xSmite Evil) at levels 5, 10, 15 and 20

for a total of Smite Evil 9/day.

My problem is, that a 20th level paladin / 5th level Ordinator is only displaying Smite Evil 5/day, not 6/day on both the Special tab and the In-Play tab.

Furthermore, in regards to my second question, When you go to the Ordinator tab after taking the first level of Ordinator, the ability Full Smite 1/day is not displayed, and further does not track in the tracked resources on the In-Play tab.

I am now at xp 75 for coding and I still need 925 xp for level 2, so please bear with me.

Erin
ErinRigh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old October 26th, 2016, 07:16 PM
Did you remember to bootstrap the class's abilities to the class? After making the class ability, you have to assign it to the class in the class helper tab.

Scroll down until you see "Class Special Abilities" and select all that apply.
Illyahr is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old October 26th, 2016, 08:01 PM
DUH, THANKS (I FEEL SILLY NOW)! Seriously though, you just increased my coding xp by 100 pts! Thanks, mate
ErinRigh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old October 26th, 2016, 09:01 PM
OK, last thing i need, i figured out how to do the Expr-req for most of the pre-reqs for the ordinator class, but i need help with 2 pre-reqs.

1. Is there a way to require minimum character level 23 for the class, if so, what would the expression for that be?

2. How would I express the requirement of 3 feats from the lists of divine and/or metamagic including the feats Extra Smiting, and Empower Turning? To be clear; 3 feats which can be any of the aforementioned?

Any help with these expressions would be very cool!

Erin
ErinRigh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 27th, 2016, 03:54 AM
Not to seem like a jerk, but rather than simply answer your question, I'm going to try to steer in you in the right direction. While I have no problem answering your questions, it would be a lot easier and faster for you if you can find the answers within the existing data set. See answers below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
OK, last thing i need, i figured out how to do the Expr-req for most of the pre-reqs for the ordinator class, but i need help with 2 pre-reqs.

1. Is there a way to require minimum character level 23 for the class, if so, what would the expression for that be?
Good question. Is there anything else that requires a minimum character level? Something sometimes people don't realize is that feats and PrC's often have similar pre-reqs. I think there just might be a core feat with minimum character level you can look at for your answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
2. How would I express the requirement of 3 feats from the lists of divine and/or metamagic including the feats Extra Smiting, and Empower Turning? To be clear; 3 feats which can be any of the aforementioned?

Any help with these expressions would be very cool!

Erin
The second one is trickier. However, there are plenty of things that require multiple metamagic feats, especially feats in Complete Arcane. Look there to get you started. Circle back here if you still can't quite figure it out.
Sendric is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 27th, 2016, 03:57 AM
Additionally, I recommend you take a look at this thread in the Pathfinder forum:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21688

There are some articles here that will help you understand the scripting language better. Granted, it's for Pathfinder, but there is a significant amount of overlap between the two. In general, if it works in d20, it will work in Pathfinder. The same is not necessarily true the other way around, but most of what you will find in the articles in the above link work for both.
Sendric is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old October 27th, 2016, 10:10 AM
*SIGH* I am seriously at a loss here. I managed to find and script the Level requirement, but I keep running into walls with the other feat requirements. Draconic Legacy from the Complete Arcane would have the necessary requirements, but as of 1.7 it is not done. Mage of the Arcane Order or Wild Mage would point me in the right direction with specific feat + choice, again, not done. Should I just wait for the next release as you have already stated these are done for 1.8, or can you point me at a target?

Thanks in advance,
Erin
ErinRigh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote