Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TheIronGolem

Old May 28th, 2017, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscowboy View Post
Ok but necromantic focus still doesn't work right and I'm not getting bonus talents from my domain either.
Looks like Necromantic Focus is working from your screenshot; you've got a tab for the Life sphere. Go to that tab and see if you have any bonus talents available (the first one needs to be spent on the sphere itself).

Domain talents do indeed appear to be broken. I've got a long day ahead of me.

Quote:
EDIT: Looks like I got life for free but not death, as I'm an evil cleric of cyric with this build.
Necromantic Focus gives you Life or Death, not both. It doesn't care which deity you worship.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; May 28th, 2017 at 12:31 PM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #341 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 28th, 2017, 12:40 PM
A lot of things that give bonus talents are broken as well, like the various ART's from Expanded Options that give some fraction of a bonus talent. Working on it.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; May 28th, 2017 at 12:51 PM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #342 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 28th, 2017, 01:42 PM
The Cleric domain talents issue is strange. It relies on domains being given Sphere tags through the Extend Thing mechanism, and that was definitely working before. For some reason it doesn't look like Extend Thing is working for me anymore; I get no errors from it but none of the Things I extend are getting the tags I assign.

I've filed a bug report with LW just in case, but I'll keep investigating.

EDIT: Witches are affected, too.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; May 28th, 2017 at 01:55 PM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #343 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 28th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
The Cleric domain talents issue is strange. It relies on domains being given Sphere tags through the Extend Thing mechanism, and that was definitely working before. For some reason it doesn't look like Extend Thing is working for me anymore; I get no errors from it but none of the Things I extend are getting the tags I assign.

I've filed a bug report with LW just in case, but I'll keep investigating.
I just checked the ones I am using and they appear to all be working. That is really strange as I can't think of anything that should prevent that feature from working....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #344 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 28th, 2017, 01:57 PM
Well, this would be a good time to point out a new feature I forgot to mention: There's a new Adjustment that changes your talent count with a specific sphere. It's called "Magic Talents Known (Sphere-specific)". chaoscowboy (and anyone else with a Sphere Cleric/Witch), you should be able to use this to get your character properly set up while I figure out what's going on here.
TheIronGolem is offline   #345 Reply With Quote
chaoscowboy

Old May 28th, 2017, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Looks like Necromantic Focus is working from your screenshot; you've got a tab for the Life sphere. Go to that tab and see if you have any bonus talents available (the first one needs to be spent on the sphere itself).

Domain talents do indeed appear to be broken. I've got a long day ahead of me.

Necromantic Focus gives you Life or Death, not both. It doesn't care which deity you worship.
I'm saying there's no option for negative necromantic focus. No option to get death sphere instead of life sphere. So it's still not working as intended. And also not getting the spheres from my domain(s).
chaoscowboy is offline   #346 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 28th, 2017, 02:35 PM
Quote:
I'm saying there's no option for negative necromantic focus. No option to get death sphere instead of life sphere. So it's still not working as intended. And also not getting the spheres from my domain(s).
Can you post your .por file? NF is working for me in that it switches between Life or Death depending on whether I choose to channel positive energy or negative. If that's not working for you then I need to inspect your character more closely.

EDIT: Also, I'm not 100% sure from your description/screenshot, but the solution to your problem may be in this post, if it's the issue I'm thinking of.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; May 28th, 2017 at 03:16 PM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #347 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old May 28th, 2017, 03:17 PM
I love the new interface.

I've moved talents out of 'Magic Talents', and have selected them on the new 'Sphere Abilities' tab.
That then lists them under each sphere specific tab.
That makes it a lot easier to see what you have for a given sphere.

When I use 'Blank Form' on an alteration shapeshift, I'm getting the wildshape paw icon on armor items.
So they're being absorbed into the form, and their bonus disappears.

I believe this would be desired behavior for most forms, but not so for 'Blank Form'.
Ualaa is offline   #348 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 28th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Dammit, Blank Form! I spent a lot of time making sure you worked right; I don't appreciate you sneaking in this kind of thing on me!
TheIronGolem is offline   #349 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 28th, 2017, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
Bugs:

* I can't choose for Limited Restoration, if cure or restore is affected.
* I removed both Destruction and Telekinesis sphere from the Sphere Abilities tab, which caused the Magic Talents tab to disappear. But readding those spheres caused the Magic Talent tab to reappear, showing both the base abilities of the sphere. Same goes for Alteration, Dark, Destruction: Admixture, Divination, Light, Easy Focus, Focus Casting and Magical Signs. Although the latter three originate from my racial caster, so that might another bug. Which brings me to:
* Racial caster hit dice seem to be broken right now. The fixed magic talents aren't fixed anymore, instead I could delete them from the magic talents tab. I suppose this thread needs an update.
* Destruction sphere doesn't show the increased damage cost anymore for 1 SP. Which would be nice to see in addition to the usual damage on the char sheet. Explosive Orb would be nice to include the same variant for, if you have Orb Expert. Speaking of which, does it really work? I have the feeling that the DC isn't increased at least.
Haven't been able to reproduce this one; when I check the increased damage box it displays the correct damage. The other issues are fixed in my current build.

EDIT: Fixed the Blank Form issue as well.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; May 28th, 2017 at 05:40 PM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #350 Reply With Quote