Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

TheIronGolem

Old September 27th, 2019, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trscroggs View Post
I'm getting an error code after loading
Champions of the Sphere, Spheres of Might, Spheres of Power, and Expanded Spheres of Power.

Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'sopTlPHBarkskin' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
-> Tag 'source.pSoPHBNat' not defined
Syntax error in 'evalrule' script for Thing 'sopTlPHBarkskin' (Eval Rule '#1') on line 1
-> Tag 'source.pSoPHBNat' not defined

After re-downloading everything in careful order, this is what the error message got down to.
That error is coming from Champions. I'll be putting out another update for that tonight.
TheIronGolem is offline   #791 Reply With Quote
Sparrohawk

Old September 27th, 2019, 04:14 PM
Hi, I'm getting an error code after loading HeroLab with all the Spheres packages installed:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: DDS_SpheresOfPower_HB_Divin.user (line 3096) - Thing 'rSoPTypVan' - Invalid unique id 'sopTlAdhesBlastMonst' for attribute 'thing'
File: DDS_SpheresOfPower_HB_Divin.user (line 3096) - Thing 'rSoPTypVan' - Invalid id for bootstrap thing
File: DDS_SpheresOfPower_HB_Divin.user (line 3173) - Thing 'rSoPTypEnf' - Invalid unique id 'sopTlAdhesBlastMonst' for attribute 'thing'
File: DDS_SpheresOfPower_HB_Divin.user (line 3173) - Thing 'rSoPTypEnf' - Invalid id for bootstrap thing
File: DDS_SpheresOfPower_HB_Divin.user (line 3325) - Thing 'rSoPTypAss' - Invalid unique id 'sopTlAdhesBlastMonst' for attribute 'thing'
File: DDS_SpheresOfPower_HB_Divin.user (line 3325) - Thing 'rSoPTypAss' - Invalid id for bootstrap thing
File: DDS_SpheresOfPower_HB_Divin.user (line 3540) - Thing - Invalid unique id 'sopTlAdhesBlastMonst' for attribute 'id'

I'm new to HeroLab in general, so apologies if this is a trivial/previously solved error.

Cheers
Sparrohawk is offline   #792 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old September 27th, 2019, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
That error is coming from Champions. I'll be putting out another update for that tonight.
OK, bit of a problem here.

I put out a 1.2 update for Champions a little bit ago, but found a serious problem with it so I had to pull that down. If you updated to 1.2 and you're seeing a problem, you're going to want to uninstall Champions and redownload 1.1 for now.

The other issue is that after fixing the problem with 1.2 but before repackaging it, I updated my HL to version 8.9...which appears to have broken my HLExport tool. So for the moment, I can't make a new .hl file.

Oh, and of course I do all this on a Friday evening.

EDIT: Found a workaround! Champions 1.2 is up!

Last edited by TheIronGolem; September 27th, 2019 at 06:53 PM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #793 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old September 28th, 2019, 06:00 AM
The very first time I ran HL, it started without any issues.

I then opened my player's portfolio, with all their characters.
This included one Sage.

I got the error of an Infinite Loop, and a message to contact the package's creator.
HL did open fine, and as far as I can tell, the entire portfolio has no issues.

Opening HL again, the error has not returned, but as HL requested, I'm reporting the error.

*Edit*
I just did the update on the laptop as well.
No error at all on that system.

Last edited by Ualaa; September 28th, 2019 at 06:04 AM.
Ualaa is offline   #794 Reply With Quote
catman123456

Old September 28th, 2019, 12:08 PM
Two things

1. When I select the magic talent for the mentor trope its put up a too many domains error.

2. The loop error
Attached Images
File Type: gif loop.gif (355.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: gif ment error.gif (343.3 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by catman123456; September 28th, 2019 at 12:11 PM.
catman123456 is offline   #795 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old September 28th, 2019, 12:25 PM
Would you guys mind posting the .por files where those infinite-loop errors occurred, please?
TheIronGolem is offline   #796 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old September 28th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Would you guys mind posting the .por files where those infinite-loop errors occurred, please?
Not sure its related to your code, Im having the same error on one of my files and I dont use your addons
Minous is offline   #797 Reply With Quote
catman123456

Old September 28th, 2019, 04:59 PM
here it is
Attached Files
File Type: email CoP test 5.por (254.9 KB, 2 views)
catman123456 is offline   #798 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old September 29th, 2019, 08:34 AM
Here: DA - PC Group LV 05.por
Ualaa is offline   #799 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old October 4th, 2019, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrohawk View Post
Hi, I'm getting an error code after loading HeroLab with all the Spheres packages installed:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: DDS_SpheresOfPower_HB_Divin.user (line 3096) - Thing 'rSoPTypVan' - Invalid unique id 'sopTlAdhesBlastMonst' for attribute 'thing'
File: DDS_SpheresOfPower_HB_Divin.user (line 3096) - Thing 'rSoPTypVan' - Invalid id for bootstrap thing
File: DDS_SpheresOfPower_HB_Divin.user (line 3173) - Thing 'rSoPTypEnf' - Invalid unique id 'sopTlAdhesBlastMonst' for attribute 'thing'
File: DDS_SpheresOfPower_HB_Divin.user (line 3173) - Thing 'rSoPTypEnf' - Invalid id for bootstrap thing
File: DDS_SpheresOfPower_HB_Divin.user (line 3325) - Thing 'rSoPTypAss' - Invalid unique id 'sopTlAdhesBlastMonst' for attribute 'thing'
File: DDS_SpheresOfPower_HB_Divin.user (line 3325) - Thing 'rSoPTypAss' - Invalid id for bootstrap thing
File: DDS_SpheresOfPower_HB_Divin.user (line 3540) - Thing - Invalid unique id 'sopTlAdhesBlastMonst' for attribute 'id'

I'm new to HeroLab in general, so apologies if this is a trivial/previously solved error.

Cheers
Sorry I only just now saw this; it sometimes takes a few days for a new person's first post to appear, and the same goes for the email notifications I get when there's a post in this thread.

Those errors make me think you have an older copy of the Diviner's Handbook. What you will want to do is update to the latest version, by following the instructions in the readme file that are part of the .zip you would have received from Drivethru (or directly from DDS if you got them through Kickstarter or something). That readme will walk you through the process of setting it up so that Hero Lab auto-detects new versions of your installed SoP books and lets you know when they are ready to update. I also recommend you do this for any other SoP/SoM products you have, so that everything can stay up to date.

Let me know how it goes!
TheIronGolem is offline   #800 Reply With Quote