Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hargert

Old February 16th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Any chance of any of the changes talked about in the post mortem getting added to the current play test version? There are also several posts on new feats or powers for the class as well.

Quote below from the play test boards.

*4 skill points per level, and Acrobatics: I'm not even sure how Acrobatics got removed; I'm seeing it in my earlier draft

*New wild talents: Basically a whole bunch more options, especially with regards to fun stuff other than damage, and it's good that there will be more because—

*More total wild talents known: Being forced to pick up tons of Extra ZZ feats isn't a good balancing point for a class. As I said throughout the process, I would rather just give you more and limit the power of the Extra ZZ feat so that you have what you need and the extra really feels like icing and not a feat tax to play the class.

*Expanded Element as a class feature: If you want to pick the same element every time, you can pick up a special boost on the second Expanded Element, and you get something each time, as you'll see in the next bullet point.

*Basic ZZ wild talents: One for each element, with some simple effects you can do. You get your primary element's version for free at 1st, and your expanded element's for free when you pick up expanded (the solo element person can potentially pick up a more powerful wild talent instead)

*Gather even more power!: Gather power gets more fearsome. Potential current version allows you to choose to spend 1 full round gathering power for even greater effects (2 point reduction, stacks with a move on the next turn for 3). At 11th level, both of these increase, for a total of 5 if you do both.

*Flexible infusion specialization: Want to throw a crazy form one round and a mighty substance the next? By reverting to the original infusion specialization, I have you covered. Same progression, but it just applies to whichever infusions you use without having to pick one type or the other. It doesn't reduce both by 1 when you have it at 1 for a total of 2, of course; the total cost goes down by 1.

*Overhauled feel the burn, named "elemental overflow" for now: Not only do you get twice as much damage out of it as before, but the elemental essence within you grants you size bonuses to physical attributes that you get to divide as you like (perhaps your deal is sand, so you get more Dex than usual for earth; who am I to judge?) The elemental form wild talents will still exist but give you less stuff (not the size bonuses for one) and probably not cost burn, with a cool thematic (imagine your quasi-aqueous body floating inside a glowing mass of tendrilled water, for instance).

*Internal buffer: an extremely small (we're talking maybe 3 at most, ever) buffer that doesn't refill on its own but lets you accept burn to fill it and then use it to ignore 1 of the burn of an effect (so spending the buffer doesn't help you gain overflow, but it allows you to do more in 1 round than you could before, since you ignore the burn)

Thanks to all of you for all your time, effort, and enthusiasm! Without you, I could have never made the kineticist class as awesome as it will be. I can't wait for August. Can you?
Hargert is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 16th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Did they state that this is a rules change, or did they describe it as a preview of what will be changed when the book comes out?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Hargert

Old February 16th, 2015, 02:38 PM
It was stated as a followup to what was learned and what changes were going to be made (with the caveat of things may change from this between now and the book release). If you like I can hunt down the designers posts and send them over to you. Would be nice to play with something a bit more inline with the ultimate design of the class.
Hargert is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 16th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Unless they said that it is an official rules change, we'll wait for the full book's release and then incorporate all the changes at that point.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote