Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old March 29th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Honestly I don't agree that you should decide that. Every game group plays different and if the DM of my group says I can play a Ninja or Witch why do you get to say otherwise?

If I am the DM I decide what is allowed not LW or Paizo. Its really easy for a player that is told in a Dark Sun campaign to ignore Witch or the whole APG book to turn off those sources in Configure Your Hero.

Please don't take the above badly. Not sure how it reads but just trying to say for a public/community resource I don't agree with removing options. And to me player characters are often the unique special snowflake of the game world. So having a PC witch in Darksun maybe exactly what is needed to tell a unique story.
I suppose that is a good point.

Personally, as someone who runs multiple games it is often hard to do that. Especially when there are multiple worlds you are using and are constantly creating characters. It is easy to forget for and end up with minor elements for cross settings.

I'd love a "preset" option for the configure heroes, so you can switch between different sets of "default" source selections. But for classes, I suppose you are right.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 6th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Progress report, please refer to the below post to see an update on the updates.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....9&postcount=81
TobyFox2002 is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
Kodiak3d

Old April 17th, 2017, 07:16 PM
I'm getting an error with the Dragonlance file. Any help is appreciated.

"The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'fDLMysDnyS' (Eval Script '#2') on line 1
-> Tag 'ClsAllowSp.spFRMysLa' not defined
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fDLMysDnyS' on line 1
-> Tag 'HasDeity.deiBane' not defined"

It appears to be making a reference to something from the Forgotten Realms (specifically Bane). Do I need to load the FR stuff as well as Dragonlance?
Kodiak3d is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 17th, 2017, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak3d View Post
I'm getting an error with the Dragonlance file. Any help is appreciated.

"The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'fDLMysDnyS' (Eval Script '#2') on line 1
-> Tag 'ClsAllowSp.spFRMysLa' not defined
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fDLMysDnyS' on line 1
-> Tag 'HasDeity.deiBane' not defined"

It appears to be making a reference to something from the Forgotten Realms (specifically Bane). Do I need to load the FR stuff as well as Dragonlance?
Hrm, this is a little odd. Technically no, you shouldn't need the forgotten realms content. Unfortunately, the feat in question means you do. There are two ways for you to fix this for the moment.

1) You can load in the forgotten realms content. That should correct the problem in the short term.
2) You can go into the editor, open Dragonlance - Campaign Setting.user and delete the feat "fDLMysDnyS".

That feat is a hidden feat for debugging and code maintenance. I didn't realize it was left in the file. It will be fixed as of the next update in about two or three weeks.

I'm sorry for any trouble this has caused.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
Kodiak3d

Old April 18th, 2017, 05:59 PM
Oh, no apology necessary. I really appreciate your help and the fact you're even working on these files. :-)
Kodiak3d is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
Kodiak3d

Old April 18th, 2017, 06:10 PM
Well, I deleted the feat, and now I get this error:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'rDrowFR'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'rFRGrayOrc'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'rFRHalfDro'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'rFRMounOrc'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'rHalfOrcFR'

Seems this file is tied to the FR file in more ways than one. These were in the *Preculde tab. I deleted them as well and everything loaded properly.
Kodiak3d is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 18th, 2017, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak3d View Post
Well, I deleted the feat, and now I get this error:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'rDrowFR'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'rFRGrayOrc'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'rFRHalfDro'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'rFRMounOrc'
Preclude - Reference to non-existent thing 'rHalfOrcFR'

Seems this file is tied to the FR file in more ways than one. These were in the *Preculde tab. I deleted them as well and everything loaded properly.
The ties to the forgotten realms content through preclude tabs is something will be gone in this next update as well. I'm phasing out precludes in favor of mechanics. I can use hero.childfound to and use tags to "hide" things I dont want to show up. Its a lot less touchy.

Also, this update will be the first of several I'm trying out a new method for handling variant races. Eventually, the system specific versions of races will be phased out. Already I have human and half-elf working. Regardless of system you pick, you'd just use rHuman and rHalfElf to handle any of those races. To pick what kind of human or half-elf you'll use Ethnicities or Alternate Racial Traits. I think it will help with systems that have heavy crossover content such as Ravenloft, and reduce the errors people get when they have the Dark Sun setting selected.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 29th, 2017, 09:39 AM
RELEASE UPDATE: I am just doing some final bug testing as I pack up all the files. Everything should be ready for release on Monday or Tuesday (5/1-2/2017).
TobyFox2002 is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old April 29th, 2017, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
RELEASE UPDATE: I am just doing some final bug testing as I pack up all the files. Everything should be ready for release on Monday or Tuesday (5/1-2/2017).
TYVM Mate
ErinRigh is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 30th, 2017, 07:25 AM
Well the new version has been released, for those of you who do not have the download link (which is unchanged), they can be found at https://www.dropbox.com/s/sc0y77l9lv...dates.xml?dl=1. Simply add this to your list of update sources and you will be golden.

Everyone else, you should see a shiny new update announcement. I have tested this as much as I could and have found no errors or conflicts, should you encounter any please dont hesitate to inform me, and I will respond to them as quickly as I can. Please post a screenshot of your errors so I can address them in a prompt manner.

I have also added a set of Documents listing converted sources. Any spells from a Campaign Setting or Supplement book that has been added to Pathfinder Casting classes. And a listing of Pathfinder spells that have been added to Classes that are specific to a given campaign setting or supplement. This list is incomplete, as I need to go back and review work I've already added. But it should be a help to GM's and Players. Keep in mind that these are experimental. And like all Converted material, rather subjective in nature. Your mileage may vary. These can be found here in this dropbox folder.

Dungeons & Dragons Converted Material
The Dungeons & Dragons Conversion.user is now REQUIRED for all other sources. This contains universal abilities for all systems. All systems now require the Hero Labs Community Content. Its just easiest to say that it requires that than saying which specific content requires what. As a result, whatever is required by the community content is now also required for mine. If you use any Campaign system from 3.5 this must be checked.

Universal Races: This release changes the way the common races are handled. As of this update, Humans and Half-Elves use this new system. I have hidden all of custom Human and Half-Elf races that were unique to each setting, such as faerun or dragonlance or athas. They all now simply use the normal "Race.rHuman" or "Race.rHalfElf" this makes it easier to use crossover systems such as Ravenloft as Ethnicities and Heritages are now universal. It also removes the burden of editing the core races if an update is done by paizo. In the future other races will be added to this, complete with their unique abilities for each subrace. For example, if you have an Elf, you would chose what kind of elf though the heritage or ethnicity. Same thing goes for the other races and sub-races. At this time, I only feel the need to do this for the core races, not any of the featured, uncommon or monstrous ones.
  • Races
    • Beholder (required for Forgotten Realms)
  • Mechanics
    • Legacy Renames no longer use Preclude. They use mechanics to rename the livename. This means, there is no more source errors since childfound can be used without having the source added.
    • Hide Pathfinder deities no longer uses preclude. No more source issues, faster run time.
    • Invocations Mechanic, Ability and Procedure. These are used for Invocation style classes; such as the Warlock and Dragonfire Adept. At the moment the Class ability isn't really all that flexable, and has a few known bugs; especially when players multiclass. This does not function properly at all with Gestalt, which I am working on. It also does not differentiate between what classes it is bootstrapped to, therefore if you have more than one Invocation class it counts BOTH class levels for the determination of your Invocation Level. For more details see the xInvoke ability notes.

Libris Mortis (new):
  • Classes
    • Pale Master
    • True Necromancer
  • Templates
    • Half Vampire :: Creatures that have the blood of vampires in their veins (not just humans).
    • Necromental :: Elementals infused with necromantic energies.
    • Necropolitan :: A creature that trades life for death, not necessarily evil.
  • Monsters
    • Skulking Cyst
  • Feats / Spells
    • All
  • Equipment
    • Brittlebone (unguent) :: Makes Skeleton's explode when slain.
    • Embalming Fire :: Zombies deal fire damage (take none).
    • Ghost Oil :: Coats weapons, allows them to strike incorporeal undead.
    • Liquid Night :: Allows light sensitive corporeal undead (bodaks, vampires etc) to withstand the sun's rays for a short period.
    • Bullet's, Priest (sling) :: Hollow glass sling bullets filled with holy (or unholy water).

Complete Arcane (new):
  • Classes
    • Warlock (Heavily based on work by Pezmerga)
  • Races / Monsters
    • None
  • Feats
    • Mortalbane
  • Spells
    • Earthen Grasp
    • Stony Grasp
    • Wall of Gloom
  • Equipment
    • Warlock's Scepter :: +1 light mace, spend charges to enhance Eldritch Blast.
    • Chausible of Fel Power :: Enhances Eldritch Blast and Chaotic Spells.

Dragon Magic (new):
Dragon Magic was created to supplement Races of the Dragon and act as a helper because of the complimentary nature of the two books. Originally it did have some classes, namely Dragonfire Adept, unfortunately it had to be withdrawn at the last minute due to errors that it was causing. I intend to work on this and release it as soon as it is fixed.
  • Classes
    • Dragonfire Adept (Withdrawn) [Too many Errors]
  • Feats
    • None
  • Spells / Psionics
    • All

Frostburn (new):
  • Classes
    • Rimefire Witch
    • Winterhaunt of Iborighu
  • Races
    • Uldra
  • Monsters
    • Entombed
    • Icegaunt
    • Raven, Giant
    • Rimefire Eidolon
  • Feats
    • All
  • Spells
    • All
  • Equipment
    • All

Races of the Dragon (new):
  • Classes
    • None
  • Races / Monsters
    • None
  • Feats
    • None
  • Spells / Psionics
    • All
  • Equipment
    • Angriz's Chest
    • Necklace of Dragons Teeth
    • Softhands' Gloves
  • Deities
    • All

Dragonlance (thanks to another coder):
  • Classes
    • High Sorcerery Orders (White, Red and Black Wizards) DONE
    • Inquisitor (DLC) DONE
    • Righteous Zealot DONE
    • Dragonrider DONE
  • Feats
    • Added Code for Draconian Breath Weapon and Imp. Draconian Breath Weapon DONE
  • Mechanics
    • Moon Magic DONE
  • Weapons (Hoopak)
  • Races
    • Aurak (Including the Aurak Magus) DONE (Aurak Magus Abandoned)
    • Baaz (Favored Class Options) DONE
    • Bozak DONE
    • Sivak DONE
    • Minotaur (And Minotaur Alt Racial Traits) DONE
    • Kapak (Favored Class Options) DONE
    • Kender/Half-Kender varients DONE
    • Irda DONE
    • Noble Draconians DONE
  • Materials
    • Dragonmetal (aka, Mithral "flavored") DONE
    • Star Metal (aka, Adamantine "flavored") DONE
Dark Sun
Dark Sun has undergone a bit of a change. With luck, if you have the dark sun setting selected it will no longer override core rules unless you have the source Enforce Dark Sun Rules selected. Also, humans and Half-Elves no longer use a DS specific race. Instead they use rHuman and rHalfElf. To set them to Dark Sun, set the source Enforce Dark Sun Rules, see above.

The dark sun spells have been set for pathfinder rules, for example spells that are listed as Wizard spells, are instead added to both sorcerer and wizard lists. And many spells have been added to pathfinder classes such as Witch, Alchemist, Bloodrager, Oracle, Alchemist and so on. This is to allow for the diversity of classes in pathfinder to be used, also to allow Dark Sun spells to be used elsewhere if desired.
  • Monsters
    • Anakore DONE
    • Gaj DONE
    • Gith DONE
  • Corrections
    • Removed Class Precludes for Alchemist, Cavalier, Gunslinger, Inquisitor, Magus, Ninja, Oracle, Samurai, Summoner, Witch.
  • Spells
    • All from (Dark Sun 3.pdf)
    • All domain access for Sorcerer-Kings (Templar)
    • All domain access for Elemental Clerics (Clerics)
    • Added "Allow Dark Sun Spells & Powers" source. This will allow the selection of dark sun spells and psionics without enabling any other Dark Sun Material.
Forgotten Realms:
  • Templates
    • Chosen of Mystra (semi-offical) DONE Note: This template is horrifically powerful. In FR it was usually considered acceptable for Epic or Demigod games. In PF terms, Mythic.
    • Chosen of Bane DONE Note: This template is horrifically powerful. In FR it was usually considered acceptable for Epic or Demigod games. In PF terms, Mythic.
    • Zin-Carla (Underdark) DONE
  • Races
    • Comparability issues with pathfinder races. . .
  • Corrected Errors
    • Selecting a Forgotten Realms deity would often throw an error referencing invalid domains. This mostly occurred with Elf, Renewal, Suffering and Retribution. It was caused by an incorrect unique id. This has been fixed.
    • Various Spell and Feat duplicate/conflicting ID corrections. Please check your spell and feat list, if the spell/feat now has the Word, "OBSOLETE" it has been hidden and replaced with a new version of the spell/feat.
Ravenloft:
  • Mechanics:
    • Outcast Rating Properly Calculates Outcast rating on all races, when used with gear that alters the OR.
    • Ravenloft Mechanics no longer display on ALL characters. It is active and hidden.
    • Half-Orc and Orc are no longer hidden as selectable races. However, they will throw a warning alerting the user that neither race is normally found in Ravenloft.
  • Classes
    • Monster Hunter (DONE)
    • Philosophical Alchemist
      • Archetype for Alchemist and Investigator (DONE)
      • Added select Ravenloft Spells to Alchemist extracts (see alchemist class description with the Ravenloft source selected)
  • Templates
    • Variant Lycanthropes [All Contained in the D&D Conversion Files]
      • Loup-garou, lowland [CE]
      • Loup-garou, mountain [CE]
      • Werebadger [CE]
      • Werefox [CE] (Including 3pp variant)
      • Werejackal [LE]
      • Werejaguar [LN] (Hybrid Form Only)
      • Wereleopard [LE] (Hybrid Form Only)
      • Wereray [CE]
      • Wereraven [NG]
    • Philosophical/Alchemical Child DONE
  • Monsters
    • Goblyn DONE

Last edited by TobyFox2002; May 2nd, 2017 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Typos and broken links.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #110 Reply With Quote