Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Ozymandias

Old April 18th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
SR4A, pg 68 (Skill Ratings): "The maximum modified rating allowed is 1.5 times the natural rating..."

So, with a skill rating of 1, you can't take advantage of the bonus rating you're getting from those qualities. You'll need a skill rating of at least 4 to get the full advantage from Linguist.
Ah.. I thought that the rule quoted from SR4A page 68 only applied for implants or magical rating boosts, not quality boosts. Thanks for the clarify Mathias
Ozymandias is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
B!z0

Old April 19th, 2012, 09:34 AM
I might just be missing it, but how do I create a Stacked Focus as per the rules on pg. 84 of Street Magic?

Also, the Customize screen for foci is a little odd; it lets you add Comlink mods to a focus and do other nonsense things.
B!z0 is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Canis

Send a message via MSN to Canis

Old April 19th, 2012, 01:13 PM
This hasn't been implemented as yet, and foci are treated as any normal piece of gear.
Canis is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 19th, 2012, 01:37 PM
There's nothing that prevents you from enchanting some electronic device so that it's also a focus, other than higher difficulties on the enchanting rolls.
Mathias is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old April 20th, 2012, 06:59 PM
The negative quality "Prejudiced" is taking away BP instead of adding BP, thus counting against the Positive Qualities Max of 35BP.
CeaDawg is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Varg Silvermane

Old April 20th, 2012, 08:20 PM
I believe the Ares MP Laser 3 is suppose to have the Additional Clip mod built in. Accounting for the twin power clip in the description and 2 x 5 (c) ammo in the table.

Adding The program "Targeting" -> "Exotic Ranged Weapon" (and Exotic Melee Weapon) does not allow the user to select the specific weapon. The process labels the skill "Exotic Ranged Weapon: -choose-", however there is no way of making a selection.
Varg Silvermane is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
Varg Silvermane

Old April 20th, 2012, 08:54 PM
In addendum to my previous post it seems that the Ares MP Laser 3 does in fact have Additional Clip built in. However, It does not state such in the weapon rollover, nor is it reflected in the Weapon Edit menu. Usually the ammo count and clip multiplier is in the Ammunition heading.

Also, the warning message for Additional Clip is incorrect. It states "only one type of ammo may be loaded into a weapon at a time". When in fact the mod specifically allows you to load multiple ammo types. This should be clarified to "Only one ammo type may be selected for the weapons next shot(s)".
Varg Silvermane is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Canis

Send a message via MSN to Canis

Old April 21st, 2012, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varg Silvermane View Post
Adding The program "Targeting" -> "Exotic Ranged Weapon" (and Exotic Melee Weapon) does not allow the user to select the specific weapon. The process labels the skill "Exotic Ranged Weapon: -choose-", however there is no way of making a selection.
Go to the edit screen and it should show you the drop down to pick the specific skill you want. What are you adding the autosoft too, as it seems to work fine.
Canis is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Varg Silvermane

Old April 21st, 2012, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis View Post
Go to the edit screen and it should show you the drop down to pick the specific skill you want. What are you adding the autosoft too, as it seems to work fine.
Ok, I tried adding a Targeting Program to my scope for predictive gunnery assist. I have an FN P93 and Ares MP Laser 3 that share the scope. I'm pretty sure at this point the player data file is corrupted as I cannot edit most "fields" for mods. Environment Resistant and Skill programs, for example, no longer allow the player to specify specific types. I have completely stripped down all weapons and rebuilt them and still nothing. The only method of correcting the issue to remake the player file from scratch. Only then does the data field error go away.
Varg Silvermane is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old April 21st, 2012, 10:52 PM
Added Focused Concentration rank 1 during character creation on a dwarf mage of the Voodoo tradition, Magic 5, logic 4, Intuition 3. After completion of creation and getting a few Karma I used the advancement tab to "Increase Positive Quality" and raise the Focused Concentration to rank 2. The window shows the quality at rank 1 exists while I'm adding the advancement and does not show any errors nor any conditions not being met, but once the advancement is completed the record of the advancement is red. Opening up the entry shows an error stating that the character does not have the magician, or mystic adept quality and does not credit the character's Focused Concentration with a rank 2. However, it does charge the character for the karma used, and it does show the magician quality existing on the Basics tab.

Positive qualities taken were:
Magician [15 BP]
Mentor Spirit (Dragon) [ 5 BP]
Focused Concentration (1) [10 BP]

Advancement attempted:
In the Advances Tab, <choose> Increase Positive Quality
<Open list of existing qualities> Focused Concentration (1) is present, and is the only available selection
<Choose> Focused Concentration (1) (1)+20 Karma = (2)
The list of Advancements shows "Focused Concentration" in red, and (Increase Quality) in grey. The validation error Icon is active
<Click> Validation Error Icon, the window opens and shows: "Focused Concentration - Focused Concentration (1): Magician or Mystic Adept required."

Last edited by CeaDawg; April 21st, 2012 at 11:11 PM. Reason: oopsed
CeaDawg is offline   #50 Reply With Quote