Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Senko

Old February 17th, 2020, 03:40 PM
I want to create a custom exploit for the arcanist called greater discovery. It will function basically the same as arcane discovery except it will allow the arcanist to select a discovery up to lvl 20. I've gotten halfway but I'm not sure how to finish the process. Currently I have duplicated arcane discovery and adjusted it so you can select greater arcane discovery and then select an arcane discovery up to lvl 20. See scripting below, however its tied to the same ability as the normal arcane discovery.

So this is the first issue if I select arcane discovery I can take an arcane discovery as if I were a wizard half my levels, if I take greater I can select one as a wizard of my level. However if I take both I am 2 discoveries of 1 selected. I need to adjust the ability so it gives an extra discovery so if you select both you can have 2 discoveries one of half your level, one of your level.

The second issue is I want to make the greater arcane discovery have pre-requisites of arcane discovery and lvl 15. However I am useless at scripting and since I've discovered recently some scripts have multiple functions I'm a little nervous about picking something like improved critical and trying to adapt its scripting to point at arcane discovery. The level 15 one I believe I've gotten working as that's just putting 15 in the required level box for arcanist.

Scripting for arcane discovery

~ If we're not shown, just get out now
doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

~ If we're disabled, do nothing
doneif (tagis[Helper.SpcDisable] <> 0)

var i as number

~ We should count our class levels as
field[abValue].value += round(field[xTotalLev].value, 0, -1)
field[abValue].value = maximum(field[abValue].value,1)

for i = 1 to field[abValue].value
perform hero.assign[FtPrRqCaP1.ArcaneDisc]
next

perform hero.assign[Hero.ArcDiscOK]

with timing of post levels, 10000, 1 and bootstrapping to cfgArcDisc.

Which is where I think the issue for my problem lies for the 2 arcane discoveries issue.

Any help/advice appreciated I'll keep working on this as I get time.

EDIT
I'm assuming the tutorials linked in this thread http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21688 by Mathias are still current.

Last edited by Senko; February 17th, 2020 at 07:23 PM.
Senko is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old February 18th, 2020, 03:24 AM
Can you share your user file? It makes troubleshooting much easier
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old February 18th, 2020, 11:28 AM
The Greater arcane discovery is in class, custom ability. Thanks for the help.

EDIT
So attempting to create a configurable greater discovery didn't work (didn't think it would). It apparently created a faulty hunter ambush tab though which I don't understand. I think I need to find a bonus feat tab somewhere.

EDIT 2
The really frustrating part of all this is my searches keep pulling up small threads that are discussion between people who understand all this with hints it could fix my problem if I understood their arcane references. So instead of (1) do this, (2) do this, (3) do this, (4) insert this text which will cause it do x, y and z with explanations of each part. Instead I get "Does anyone know how to do this?" and a reply of "Yes add a thingy to a thingy and it'll work". Only they don't explain where to find things, which category or area to put the modification in or how to properly script it because they both know it all and that brief answer is all that's needed.

Ah well I'll keep bashing my head against this in an attempt to figure out how to increase the maximum number of arcane discoveries allowed by 1. It's really mean to taunt us less skillful folks with a "too many bonus feats have been added, 1 overspent" when its not really a bonus feat its an arcane discovery as a result of a class feature and none of the feat adjustments can touch it. Never mind me just venting frustation after several hours trying to figure this out tonight.

EDIT 3
Still not figured out a way of doing this but I've found a second tab I can muck around with serching for, the gunslinger tab added to the slayer with the right talent. So Yay progress? Anyway we have class - class talent/exploit - discovery/feat and its that second dependant tab I'm trying to influence.
Attached Files
File Type: email Pathfinder Data File.user (43.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Senko; February 24th, 2020 at 10:36 PM.
Senko is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old March 1st, 2020, 12:22 PM
I'm giving up on this for now I just don't have the scripting skills necessary to create this.
Senko is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old March 1st, 2020, 07:19 PM
So it looks like the new tab is from cfgArcDisc try increasing cfgMaxF1 value to 2
Minous is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old March 2nd, 2020, 12:39 AM
Nope doesn't work I tried . . .

bootstrap cfgArcDisc fields

cfgMaxF1 Value 2
cfgMaxF2 Value 2
cfgMaxF2 Value 1

and I think a few other variations though I can't remember what they were, none of them got me a second discovery. I also tried . . .

1) Selecting arcane discovery in available to configuarable.
2) Creating a new arcane discovery configurable.
3) A whole bunch of bonus feat/ability options in the adjustment tab (in case I could just increase it that way).
4) Copying script from the slayer ranger combat feat talent which is sort of similar.

and I believe several other things but I've been grabbing a bit of time here and there so I don't remember them all. I know I did some mucking around with the gunslinger tab but don't recall what. In hindsight I should have kept a list of what didn't work to avoid repeating it.

Last edited by Senko; March 2nd, 2020 at 12:53 AM.
Senko is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old March 2nd, 2020, 02:42 AM
Dont try and change the bootstrap condition/setting rather something like:

hero.childfound[cfgArcDisc].field[cfgMaxF1].value += 1

around post-level/1000

Im looking at a combination of the discovery, its configurable, and Advanced Weapon Training, which does something similar.
Minous is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old March 2nd, 2020, 12:43 PM
Thank you very much that worked when I gave it an index of 2 (I think 1 is my pre-requisite script). Now I think all that's left on my list of things to do is make a familiar have its own hp and mythic tier. however that'll wait a few weeks till I'm less grumpy.
Senko is offline   #8 Reply With Quote