Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 23rd, 2014, 12:42 PM
OK, here's the dividing line for the version 3.1 release. Bugs reported prior to this should be dealt with. So, onward!

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 19th, 2014, 04:49 AM
For SPC, the Force Control power sets itself up on the character sheet as an attack based on Shooting. According the the clarification from Clint here the usual primary skill for it should be Fighting. That being said he also suggests that the trappings could potentially mean the use of Shooting or even Throwing. So I suggest as a bug fix to switch the Skill being used to Fighting and as a Feature Request I'd like to request that the Power give the player some way to select which of those their power will be based on. Additionally it would be really nice if the power showed up on the Armory column in Hero Lab along with the other Attacks (this actually applies to Attack, Ranged, Attack, Melee and any other powers that provide an attack, for that matter. It's nice that these show up on a printed sheet but would be helpful for those of us that use HL at the table if it showed up there as well.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old December 23rd, 2014, 09:56 AM
Natural armor no longer seems to be displaying parenthetically as of the most recent update. I'm not sure but that this might have been going on for a while, but its a bit of a problem since you need to know how much of Toughness is armor for weapons with points of armor penetrating modifier.
Paragon is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old December 24th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
Natural armor no longer seems to be displaying parenthetically as of the most recent update. I'm not sure but that this might have been going on for a while, but its a bit of a problem since you need to know how much of Toughness is armor for weapons with points of armor penetrating modifier.
Just to help clarify, is that armor being added with a Racial Ability or a Racial Property. Just comparing the Racial Ability of Natural Armor, which has id abArmor, and the Racial Property of Armor +2, which has id rpArmor2, there are some very distinct differences in that eval sripts.

Racial Ability of Natural Armor, abArmor
Phase:
Effects
Code:
      ~set the defensive value for the armor
      perform hero.child[armNatural].setfocus
      focus.field[defDefense].value = field[abilValue].value

~if we've been assigned a custom name, assign it to the armor
      if (empty(field[livename].text) = 0) then
        focus.field[livename].text = field[livename].text
        endif

~append the value to both names
      field[livename].text = field[name].text & " " & signed(field[abilValue].value)
      focus.field[livename].text = focus.field[name].text & " " & signed(field[abilValue].value)
Armor +2, rpArmor2
Phase: Initialization
Code:
~set the defensive value for the armor
      perform hero.child[armNatural].setfocus
      focus.field[defDefense].value = 2
I just tested both of them. They both work correctly, that is adding to toughness and putting the armor value in parenthesis. Perhaps you are using a different method? If so perhaps you could look at these as examples. A note about the first method -- the abArmor -- it is meant to be used as a bootstrap (like all of the racial things) but it requires a value in that bootstrap. Just assign a field of abilValue of 2 or whatever as it is being bootstrapped.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old January 1st, 2015, 10:09 AM
I just realized I've been looking at the wrong place; I was assuming it'd show up on the general Toughness toggle on the main display, but where it actually shows up is on the Basics display. So I'm an idiot.
Paragon is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old February 28th, 2015, 01:18 PM
I've looked the characters over extensively, and can't find any sign its anything in my .user file that's doing this so I thought I'd report it:

I loaded the six PCs into a .por for the first time since the last update in my Savage Worlds game, and got the following error on two (and only two) of them:

"Chained Pick trCharisma has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch 48" and "Chained pick trPace has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch 48".

The two characters have nothing in common that is not shared by other characters who do not show the error. I've looked over the two custom Edges (not shared between the two of them) that each of them has, and nothing on them references either Pace or Charisma. The actual Pace and Charisma values on them seem correct given their other traits. Saving and reloading still shows the message. Nothing is obviously missing from either of them (though I'll check with the two players today and see if the sheets match up with what I have; I don't believe either of them uses HL so theirs should show anything missing).
Paragon is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old February 28th, 2015, 08:31 PM
You'll probably need to PM the portfolios and .user file in question to CC so he can see if he sees anything there or can reproduce the problem.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old March 1st, 2015, 08:00 AM
Yeah, that's probably a good idea.

Edit: Or would be if I had the faintest idea how to do an attachment on here.

Last edited by Paragon; March 1st, 2015 at 08:04 AM.
Paragon is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 1st, 2015, 11:58 AM
That's an error I'm not familiar enough with. I haven't seen it often enough, and not from a base Derived Trait (not Setting-related). I'd have to ask the Mentors (Matthias and Colen). I'd try rebuilding one of the heroes from scratch.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old March 1st, 2015, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
That's an error I'm not familiar enough with. I haven't seen it often enough, and not from a base Derived Trait (not Setting-related). I'd have to ask the Mentors (Matthias and Colen). I'd try rebuilding one of the heroes from scratch.
That was my next plan. Interestingly enough, one of the players of the two characters is not getting the error, and when I imported his version, neither did I, which makes me think there's some subtle corruption of the two portfolios.
Paragon is offline   #100 Reply With Quote