Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

PoeticDragon

Old November 23rd, 2012, 02:05 PM
I'm trying to make a mechanic to rename the virtues and vices for our Japanese-themed tabletop game. Can anyone help? By looking at the "find things" list I found cCharity, cFaith, etc. I tried this in the mechanic:

hero.child[cCharity].field[livename].text = "Benevolence"

It had no effect, however.

Additionally, the game has house rules that give a couple merits as freebies at character creation. How can I write a script that will add these automatically, not charge any experience for them, and pass validation?
PoeticDragon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Xenesis

Old May 3rd, 2013, 05:56 PM
I can't help you with the former, but the latter can be done fairly easily.

The first, which is the manual entry way is once you've actually created the character, go to Advancement mode and just manually add the merits - you can adjust the XP cost so you can make them free. But considering you wanted a script, that's very doable.

Depending on how you want to source your freebies, it's quite simple. You can attach Merits to inventory items (which is the one I find most useful for freebies), for example. The "bootstrap" function is what you want to use.

Basically, create a new item, and edit its bootstraps to be the merits you want. Whenever you add that item to a character they'll obtain those merits. If you remove that item, those free merits are removed. You can do this for just about any 'thing' that exists on a character - you can bootstrap Merits, equipment, blessings, Contracts/Disciplines, etc etc.

PS: I know this topic is a good 5 months old, but I thought it was still worth responding to.
Xenesis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote