Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

Madcap

Old November 2nd, 2010, 03:34 AM
I just bought HeroLab. I have been trying for days to get the data from D&D Insider. Usually when it gets to the feats, the ... becomes !!!

Can anyone help me troubleshoot the issue? My internet connection is stable, so I am not sure what the problem is.

UPDATE: It downloaded everything on retry, but then the program crashed when it was updating the lists at the end.

Last edited by Madcap; November 3rd, 2010 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Update on Situation
Madcap is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mugginns

Old November 3rd, 2010, 06:03 AM
I am experiencing this with the demo version as well.

Holy crap it took a while to update all the other stuff. Then it got to Powers and "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".
mugginns is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Madcap

Old November 3rd, 2010, 06:46 AM
Well, I got to the end, where it will attempt to retry downloading all the stuff that was !!! That worked, but when the program went to update the data files, the program crashed. Now I am starting over for the 5th time. I will post an update tonight.
Madcap is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Jay Ibero

Old November 3rd, 2010, 07:55 AM
Same problem here. Got it to do all the downloading and it crashed somewhere near the end. Running windows 7 32-bit, as admin....
Jay Ibero is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
davidthegnome2003

Old November 3rd, 2010, 08:47 AM
I also have this problem. Win 7 64 bit running as admin. Fails on powers every time. On try 3.

Would be nice if we could some how tell it to only download one category. Then retries would be faster

Update: Failed on backgrounds this time.

Last edited by davidthegnome2003; November 3rd, 2010 at 01:09 PM.
davidthegnome2003 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 3rd, 2010, 01:28 PM
If it crashes after download, there's likely some sort of problem with the data. There may have been some unannounced changes to the Compendium - I'll download stuff and take a look at it today to see if I can find the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience - check back on this thread before the end of the week and I should hopefully have some information for you.
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Madcap

Old November 3rd, 2010, 01:39 PM
Yeah, attempt #5 crashed after download. Looks like mine stopped working after Items. Windows 7, 64 bit, running as Admin.
Madcap is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
SkidAce

Old November 3rd, 2010, 05:20 PM
Mine downloaded everything after about 7 hours. Then I guess it crashed when creating its files at "Items".

I thought I would be able to use option #3 on the downloader to convert the file I downloaded but it doesn't give me that option.

Just...
1. Download with no Insider.
2. Download with Insider.
d. Delete existing data.
x. exit
SkidAce is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
PagingMrHerman

Old November 3rd, 2010, 05:56 PM
Mine is crashing at "Generating item entries..." also.
PagingMrHerman is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Diceman

Old November 3rd, 2010, 05:56 PM
Trying to DL now using the demo version. DL got pretty deep into the feats area and then started the !!!! thing. Hopefully this will get resolved. I am very impressed with what i see of the program. ESPECIALLY the ability to add custome races ect.
Diceman is offline   #10 Reply With Quote