Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

Lord Inquisitor

Old December 18th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Hi, I've just started using AB with Ogre Kindoms and I've found a few minor bugs.

1) The BSB can't take mundane equipment (great weapon, etc). This restriction was removed via errata.

2) The Ogres can't seem to take the Enchanted Shield. This was not an item they could have in 7th, but the restriction doesn't exist in 8th.

3) Taking any of the rulebook magic shields results in an error message (I can't find any rule that says Ogres can't have shields, magic or otherwise, they just don't have any in their own book).

Last edited by Lord Inquisitor; December 18th, 2010 at 12:22 PM.
Lord Inquisitor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
StevMeis

Old January 2nd, 2011, 09:38 PM
1) This is a bug in the software. I ususally have to note in my army list titles that the bruiser is carrying a CLS and Enchanted shield.

2) This is a general bug in the software that needs to be addressed by the development team. We don't have access to the ES and many other armies that do have access to the old shield which was the exact same but for 10 pts rather than 5.

3) when taking a shield on your BSB you will receive the error message stating that you can not have more than one shield.

Luckily Ogers really don't have that many bugs since we don't have that many units/special items to get buggy with. However due to the prospects of a new book in our future we may be last on the list to be updated.
StevMeis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
StevMeis

Old January 2nd, 2011, 09:40 PM
Also we are allowed to take a bruiser at 500 pts even though it's outside of the % range.
StevMeis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
gkgnight

Old January 3rd, 2011, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Inquisitor View Post
Hi, I've just started using AB with Ogre Kindoms and I've found a few minor bugs.
1) The BSB can't take mundane equipment (great weapon, etc). This restriction was removed via errata.

OK, i fixed this issue and it will be in the enxt update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Inquisitor View Post
2) The Ogres can't seem to take the Enchanted Shield. This was not an item they could have in 7th, but the restriction doesn't exist in 8th.

Ok, i fixed it so in the next update ogre heros / lords can take the shield (when applicable) but now my quesitn for you is this.... does the ogre club count as a hand weapon for purposes of the parry save when used in conjunction with a shield?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevMeis View Post
1) This is a bug in the software. I ususally have to note in my army list titles that the bruiser is carrying a CLS and Enchanted shield.
3) when taking a shield on your BSB you will receive the error message stating that you can not have more than one shield.
and i am unable to duplicate this error message. Could you provde more details like what unit you are trying to take a shield with, adn what kind / type of shield.

Last edited by gkgnight; January 3rd, 2011 at 12:35 PM.
gkgnight is offline   #4 Reply With Quote