Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Paragon

Old April 21st, 2016, 03:53 PM
Hey, I seem to be getting a warning when I load the SW version about a couple of timing errors. Specifically, in the timing report:

-<errors>

-<depends priority="5600" phase="Initialization" name="Thing edgSprnt: Eval Script #1">

<after priority="1000" phase="Setup" name="Thing abSlowDwf: Set Pace"/>

</depends>

</errors>

Anyone else getting this?
Paragon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old April 21st, 2016, 05:47 PM
What data files is edgSprnt? Find that and you can fix it. It looks like something about being a slow dwarf, probably as a prerequisite. I have no idea what data you have on your machine.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old April 21st, 2016, 06:27 PM
I have no idea what would relate to a "slow dwarf" that I'd have, unless its in the core Fantasy Book. Sprnt might be the Sprinter Edge from my XCOM data set, but the other one is a mystery to me.
Paragon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 22nd, 2016, 04:27 AM
That's part of the reason I'd recvommend using the 2-letter identifier even in your own data files. "edgSprnt" and "abSlowDwf" are too generic to figure out as they would normally imply they are things from the core rules, which I'm pretty sure those are not. If you had something like "edgXCSprnt" instead you'd have a solid clue that it was from your XCom file.

In any case you'll have to search your data files to find "edgSprnt" to fix the issue. You can download something like my preferred tool for this, Windows Grep. That allows you to search files for text in them. Just search for edgSprnt in your data file directory and that should let you know which file it's in. Maybe copy here the XML section for edgSprnt and abSlowDwf and we can try to work out what's happening.

BTW "Dwf" may not necessarily mean Dwarf, what if it were a type for Dwn? So something set as a "Racial Ability" (which don't have to be truly "Racial" mind you) Slow Down? I'd have to dig through my data files to see if I can find anything like that but those are on my other computer so I can't check until later, sorry. Although if you use WinGrep and don't find either of those things in your data file directory then they could be part of the core files (although I doubt both of those are since the rest of us are not getting that error) in which case you could do the same search on the core files to check it out... I think those are in a "source" directory? I can't remember off the top of my head without being able to check, though.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 22nd, 2016, 12:12 PM
abSlowDwf is the Racial Ability of Slow that applies to Dwarves. It's from the Core.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old April 22nd, 2016, 05:13 PM
Must have been something one of the updates moved around, since I never got the warning when I was actually using XCOM.user. Since I'm not doing so now, and I'm unlikely to ever do so again, I'll just pull it out and archive.
Paragon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote