Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mindcloud

Old March 23rd, 2009, 04:27 PM
Edit: see next post for skill error.

I am attempting to add the Nightmare as a race from the SRD however I am having problems getting the flaming hooves descriptor to show up on the weapons tab. Is there a TAG I can use to do this or will it need to be done through a eval script?

Also are you guys planning to add anymore monsters to Hero Labs? I.E. Dragons!!!

Last edited by Mindcloud; March 28th, 2009 at 09:36 PM.
Mindcloud is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old March 28th, 2009, 09:35 PM
I am adding the nightmare's innate skills through the following script. how ever I am getting a error on compile. All of these have been assigned as class skills.

The error is:
Attempt to access non-existent child pick 'kKnowPlane' from script

PHP Code:
<eval phase="UserFirst" priority="5000">
      var 
index as number
      index 
field[cClsIndex].value

hero
.child[kConcent].field[kInnate].arrayvalue[index] += 9
      hero
.child[kDiplomacy].field[kInnate].arrayvalue[index] += 1    
      hero
.child[kIntim].field[kInnate].arrayvalue[index] += 9
      hero
.child[kKnowPlane].field[kInnate].arrayvalue[index] += 9
      hero
.child[kListen].field[kInnate].arrayvalue[index] += 9
      hero
.child[kMoveSil].field[kInnate].arrayvalue[index] += 9
      hero
.child[kSearch].field[kInnate].arrayvalue[index] += 9
      hero
.child[kSenseMot].field[kInnate].arrayvalue[index] += 9
      hero
.child[kSpot].field[kInnate].arrayvalue[index] += 9
      hero
.child[kSurvival].field[kInnate].arrayvalue[index] += 9</eval> 
Mindcloud is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 29th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Because knowledge (planes) is one of those skills you have to add manually to the skill list, it doesn't exist until it's added. Go to the bootstraps, and add it there. Then it will exist for your script to find.

Could you be more specific about the flaming hooves and weapon descriptors thing? How exactly do you want it to look? Can you think of some other race's natural weapon or attack ability that you'd like it to look like?
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old March 29th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Thank you for you input I actually had just figured it out and was coming to post about it. I attempted to bootstrap it initially and it didn't work what I found is that you have to add the tag thing.user_added to your boot strapped skill. Which adds it to you skill list.

As for the flaming hooves let me give two examples.

Currently in the hero lab Weapon panel it is displayed.
Hooves x2(Nightmare)
Attack +9 x2 1d8+4

As I would like it to show.
Hooves x2(Nightmare)
Attack +9 x2 1d8+4 plus 1d4 fire

I have been looking into trying to modify this with a script. my research points me to the field field[wDamageTbl].arraytext that each weapon has. how ever I am sure I am not setting the correct context to change it. my first attempt was the following line. in a eval script uder my nightmare race. I am sure it would be better to attach it to the flaming hooves special I created but I was just testing.

field[wDamageTbl].arraytext[0] = field[wDamageTbl].arraytext[0] & " plus 1d4 fire"

the field debuger shows the text array index 0 value as "1d8+4"

Most of the info was obtained by digging through the d20 source file. "sheet_standard_1.dat" in the sources dir
Mindcloud is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 29th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I think you should probably skip adding the fire damage to the hooves - just leave it as a racial special ability. There are other weapons in the d20 files, like the flaming weapon special ability, that don't display their additional damage. I presume that the capability to support that sort of display will eventually be added, but until it is, you're going to be trying to fit in something that the program wasn't designed to support. For example, do you know that every place weapon damage could be displayed will have enough available space to display what you want it to display?
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old March 29th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I had been starting to think I should leave it off but I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if it was a feature I was just ignorant about how to use.

Thank you for your time mgehl you are always helping everyone out and I appreciate that.

Last edited by Mindcloud; March 29th, 2009 at 03:26 PM.
Mindcloud is offline   #6 Reply With Quote