Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Tahzim

Old June 19th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I am about 50% through adding Way of the Wicked campaign traits and am going to try and figure out a way to have it autopopulate with the extra skills and such but wanted to see if anyone had already done this. Thanks!
Tahzim is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 19th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahzim View Post
autopopulate with the extra skills and such but wanted to see if anyone had already done this.
First I don't know what you mean by auto-populate extra skills? So can't help unless you can maybe expand on the question?

I have not heard of anyone mentioning "Way of Wicked" before. But if its OGL/CUP I would be happy to host your work on d20pfsrd for others once your done.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Tahzim

Old June 19th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Thanks!

Way of the Wicked is Fire Mountain Games evil adventure path. I have 12 of the traits done (they are just copies of other traits already present in the game).

Way of the Wicked gives 2 extra skill points every level and Im not sure how to encode that in my custom data set. Also the following 6 traits are something i'd need to have custom fields and eval scripts and I'm still new at this so any help would be appreciated:

Desertion
You have deserted from the Talirean military and been recaptured. To get sent to Branderscar this was not some minor or routine dereliction of duty. Instead, you abandoned your post during a time of crisis -- perhaps battle or while defending the Watch Wall. Regardless of the exact circumstances, your laziness and cowardice must have caused loss of life.
{b}Punishment{/b}: Death by hanging.
{b}Benefit{/b}: You receive one bonus skill point per level that must be spent on the Profession (Soldier) skill. Profession (Soldier) is always a class skill for you.
Forgery
You have forged documents issued either by the crown or by the Church of Mitra. Alas, that your forgery while competent was not entirely undetectable. To be sent to Branderscar, this was no minor finagling of paperwork. This forged document could have cost lives, undermined the reputation of the Church or endangered the security of the realm.
{b}Punishment{/b}: Life at hard labor in the salt mines.
{b}Benefit{/b}: You gain a +3 trait bonus to Linguistics skill checks to commit forgery and Linguistics is always a class skill for you.
Kidnapping
You have abducted someone perhaps to ransom them or do unspeakable things to them. Unfortunately, you were caught and your victim was rescued (if they weren’t rescued -- you would be guilty of murder instead). Tube sent to Branderscar Prison, you must have abducted someone of great importance or in a particularly gruesome manner.
{b}Punishment{/b}: Death by beheading.
{b}Benefit{/b}: You receive a +1 trait bonus to both Disarm and Grapple attempts.
Piracy
You have been caught in the act of piracy on the high seas. This is a rare crime these days since Markadian I called the Victorious burned the last major pirate fleet to threaten these isles. Still the crime is punished harshly. Likely you are the sole survivor of your ship.
{b}Benefit{/b}: You may select either Bluff or Intimidate. The selected skill receives a +2 trait bonus and is always a class skill for you.
Slave-Taking
Slavery is illegal in Talingarde and a very rare crime. Still, once in a great while, slavers from the mainland will foolishly make an incursion into Talirean protected territories. When they are captured alive they are always made an example of.
{b}Punishment{/b}: Death by beheading
{b}Benefit{/b}: You receive a +1 trait bonus to both Disarm and Grapple attempts.
Slave Trading
Slavery is legal in other parts of the world and it can be tempting to the most decadent of Talingarde’s nobility to acquire a “souvenir” when traveling abroad or to purchase the object of their desire from a less reputable merchant. However you ended up trading slaves in Talingarde, you were caught red handed and now you will lose more than simply your freedom.
{b}Benefit{/b}: You receive one bonus skill point per level that must be spent on the Appraise skill. The Appraise skill is always a class skill for you.
Tahzim is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
GropeyC

Old June 20th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Also its a pretty well written and designed AP that allows us to play the bad side of things rather than always being the goody two-shoes or one off mayhem type things
GropeyC is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old June 20th, 2012, 03:51 PM
I hope you get this figured out. I would love to have this for Herolab. I did a few that I needed for myself but they were not the ones you need help with.
Dwayne is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 21st, 2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Thanks!

Way of the Wicked is Fire Mountain Games evil adventure path. I have 12 of the traits done (they are just copies of other traits already present in the game).

Way of the Wicked gives 2 extra skill points every level and Im not sure how to encode that in my custom data set. Also the following 6 traits are something i'd need to have custom fields and eval scripts and I'm still new at this so any help would be appreciated:
First I would say to check out the 2nd question in the FAQ to see all the places to learn about the Editor and especially Eval Scripts.

The biggest thing I found is doing a new(Copy) to see how a script/thing works on an existing Thing. This way you simply copy the script.

So for the above doing bonus skill points there is an "Adjustment" in the system already that does this. I would say check out that for an example.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; June 21st, 2012 at 11:37 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 21st, 2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
{b}Benefit{/b}: You receive one bonus skill point per level that must be spent on the Profession (Soldier) skill. Profession (Soldier) is always a class skill for you.
Look at the Headband of Int as it gives a level bonus to a specific skill. So the eval script should be very similar.

Quote:
Forgery
You have forged documents issued either by the crown or by the Church of Mitra. Alas, that your forgery while competent was not entirely undetectable. To be sent to Branderscar, this was no minor finagling of paperwork. This forged document could have cost lives, undermined the reputation of the Church or endangered the security of the realm.
{b}Punishment{/b}: Life at hard labor in the salt mines.
{b}Benefit{/b}: You gain a +3 trait bonus to Linguistics skill checks to commit forgery and Linguistics is always a class skill for you.
Without a Sub-skill system in HL the bonus will have to be tracked by the player. For making the a skill a class skill use the macro "#makeclassskill[SKILL ID HERE]"

Quote:
Kidnapping
You have abducted someone perhaps to ransom them or do unspeakable things to them. Unfortunately, you were caught and your victim was rescued (if they weren’t rescued -- you would be guilty of murder instead). Tube sent to Branderscar Prison, you must have abducted someone of great importance or in a particularly gruesome manner.
Use the Macro "#skillbonus[SKILL ID HERE]"

Quote:
Piracy
You have been caught in the act of piracy on the high seas. This is a rare crime these days since Markadian I called the Victorious burned the last major pirate fleet to threaten these isles. Still the crime is punished harshly. Likely you are the sole survivor of your ship.
{b}Benefit{/b}: You may select either Bluff or Intimidate. The selected skill receives a +2 trait bonus and is always a class skill for you.
Lots of traits do this already. I would simply look at one of them for example script. Like "Caretaker". Be sure to look at the "Custom Expression" section of the trait to see how to make the correct list of skills be shown in the drop down list.

Quote:
Slave-Taking
Slavery is illegal in Talingarde and a very rare crime. Still, once in a great while, slavers from the mainland will foolishly make an incursion into Talirean protected territories. When they are captured alive they are always made an example of.
{b}Punishment{/b}: Death by beheading
Look at the feats Improved Disarm/Grapple for example scripts to copy from.

Quote:
Slave Trading
Slavery is legal in other parts of the world and it can be tempting to the most decadent of Talingarde’s nobility to acquire a “souvenir” when traveling abroad or to purchase the object of their desire from a less reputable merchant. However you ended up trading slaves in Talingarde, you were caught red handed and now you will lose more than simply your freedom.
{b}Benefit{/b}: You receive one bonus skill point per level that must be spent on the Appraise skill. The Appraise skill is always a class skill for you.
Look at the Headband of Int again and the above traits for the macro to make Appraise a class skill.

Hopefully that helps.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Tahzim

Old June 25th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Thanks so much! I'll work toget these last six done and send the output file to d20 to get this posted!
Tahzim is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dark.Ginger

Old July 26th, 2012, 05:09 AM
I will play soon way of the wicked and I'll be interested with a integration with hero lab.
I haven't see anything official or on D20, so if anyone may have a script which can allow to use hero lab with way of the wicked can you please share it?

Thanks
Dark.Ginger is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
StunningFist

Old October 16th, 2012, 04:35 AM
I'm also looking at running FMG's Way of the Wicked after my group's current campaign finishes up. WotW seems to be rapidly gaining in popularity; anybody that does post .por files for these six adventures is gonna be very well thought of by a LOT of people. Has anybody started on these? Even having .por files for a couple of the adventures would be better than starting from scratch. Likewise, even if all of the campaign specific rules (mentioned at the start of this thread) weren't implemented in the files, there would still be a lot of grateful GMs out there.
StunningFist is offline   #10 Reply With Quote