Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Jobe00

Old October 29th, 2011, 02:55 PM
I'm adding some feats from 3.0 and 3.5 supplements and found some that I think will be a pain to add.

First is a feat that when you take it, you choose an attribute. That attribute gains a +2 bonus. You can take the feat multiple times to increase multiple attributes, but can only take each attribute once.
There is a code of conduct to maintain this feat, but that has no mechanical impact.

So how would you do this?

Then there are 6 feats, one for each attribute. Each feat can be taken up to 3 times. First time you take it, you can perform a ritual for 20 minutes, and you gain a +2 Enhancement Bonus to the given attribute for 24 hours. Second time you take the feat, you can perform the ritual for 40 minutes for a +4 Enhancement Bonus for 24 hours. Take it a third time, you can perform the ritual for 1 hour for a +6 Enhancement Bonus for 24 hours. Now, you have the option to go with less time for a lesser Enhancement Bonus. So if you have the feat 2 or 3 times, you could just do the 20 minute ritual for only a +2 bonus.

How would you do this?
Jobe00 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 29th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Can you think of anything similar that's already in the Pathfinder files?

The Human/Half-Orc's attribute increase ability, perhaps?

The code for a feat will be the same as the code for a racial ability.

You'll find that ability on the Racial Special tab.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Jobe00

Old October 30th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Alright. I was thinking of the Human/Half-Orc/Elf attribute boost for the first feat.
Would I be able to select the feat multiple times to select different attributes?

What about the second set of 6 feats? If you take each feat 3 times, you could add an Enhancement Bonus (which is the same from spells like Bull's Strength and items like Belts or Circlets that increase attributes) of +2 to +6, but it would only be temporary (24 hours).

Would you use the temporary adjustments for that?

Last edited by Jobe00; October 30th, 2011 at 12:25 PM.
Jobe00 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Jobe00

Old October 31st, 2011, 12:52 AM
Alright. I tried a copy and paste with the racial ability to a feat with a Human, but it's not working.

Here is the feat:

Benefit: You gain +2 to one ability score of your choice. It must be selected at the time you take the feat and cannot be changed.

Special: You may take this feat once per ability score.

The Eval Script coding for the Racial Ability is as follows:

~if we've been replaced, get out now
doneif (tagis[Helper.SpcReplace] <> 0)

if (field[usrChosen1].ischosen <> 0) then
field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[aStartMod].value += 2
endif

How do I alter this so I can take the feat for each attribute, and how do I make it where I can even take it for the same attribute I used the Human/Half-Elf/Half-Orc racial bonus for?
Jobe00 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 1st, 2011, 11:20 AM
This sounds like a temporary adjustment to me if its the set of feats I think they are.
You might just want to handle it through the permanent adjustments on the personal tab and leave it at that.
RavenX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Jobe00

Old November 1st, 2011, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
This sounds like a temporary adjustment to me if its the set of feats I think they are.
You might just want to handle it through the permanent adjustments on the personal tab and leave it at that.
No. The feat first feat I discuss is permanent so long as you maintain a code of conduct. If you break the code of conduct, you'll have to atone for it to get the feat's effects (and thus the attribute increases) back.

On a similar note though, is there any way to stack a feat where it will list levels? Say if it take the "Awesome Feat" twice, instead of being listed twice, it would be listed as "Awesome Feat (2)"? Also, is there any way to limit the number of times you can take a specific feat?

Last edited by Jobe00; November 1st, 2011 at 12:35 PM.
Jobe00 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old November 2nd, 2011, 04:21 AM
You might need to create a seperate feat for each attribute and then make then unique so they cant be added more than once.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 2nd, 2011, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe00 View Post
~if we've been replaced, get out now
doneif (tagis[Helper.SpcReplace] <> 0)

endif
So first thing is you have to give the the feat a drop down box to be able to select the Ability Score of choice. You do this be click on the "Select From..." box in the feat and picking "Attributes".

Now for the script. The first thing is the phase the script runs at is important and in this case you can copy from the Racial Ability Thing. The other thing is that we are NOT a racial Thing and a feat can't be replaced so the first line of code can be removed.

Phase: Pre-Attributes Priority: 10000
Code:
~ If we chose a ability score add +2 to it
endif
Quote:
No. The feat first feat I discuss is permanent so long as you maintain a code of conduct. If you break the code of conduct, you'll have to atone for it to get the feat's effects (and thus the attribute increases) back.
The adjustments still would be your best bet as if you can lose it the only way to deactivate the feat is too remove it from the character. An adjustment is just a check on/off.

Quote:
On a similar note though, is there any way to stack a feat where it will list levels? Say if it take the "Awesome Feat" twice, instead of being listed twice, it would be listed as "Awesome Feat (2)"?
Nope. Or at least not any simple easy way. Feats are meant to show each and every time they are on a character.

Quote:
Also, is there any way to limit the number of times you can take a specific feat?
Yes for a feat change the "uniqueness" to NO and set the "Max Limit" field to the number of times the feat can be taken.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Jobe00

Old November 3rd, 2011, 12:02 AM
Thanks, Shadow. That was what I was wanting.

Now to get on to other questions I need to pester folks here with...
Jobe00 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
concerro

Old November 5th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Can you think of anything similar that's already in the Pathfinder files?

The Human/Half-Orc's attribute increase ability, perhaps?

The code for a feat will be the same as the code for a racial ability.

You'll find that ability on the Racial Special tab.
How do I modify codes? Even better how do I access them.

I guess I am asking do I modify the actual data files or can I do the scripting from within herolabs itself.

Very novice programmer. If this is too complicated to explain here I understand I may have to do some research and come back at a later time.
concerro is offline   #10 Reply With Quote