Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ambush

Old March 16th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Any chance that we'll see the ability to customize the HTML output more? It would be easy enough to add a reference to a standardized CSS file in between the head tags, but no real way to control the class/id/name tags. Also, I notice that there's some definite syntax issues in the output HTML. Is the data stored internally in XML (or some other standardized data format)? If so, I (or the community) could probably come up with an XSL template to transform it...

Just thinking out loud here....
Ambush is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2009, 08:42 PM
On my computer, the file c:\ArmybuilderEX\product\htmlsettings.xml looks like it might be the sort of thing you're looking for.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old March 17th, 2009, 04:39 AM
Thanks for pointing out that file, I missed it when I was poking around before. From looking at it though, I believe that file controls the HTML Settings window, rather than the information that controls the actual format of the HTML Output.
Ambush is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old April 4th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Should I take the non-response as a "no"?
Ambush is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 12th, 2009, 11:20 PM
We've been up to our eyeballs getting ready for a tradeshow this week. Lots of work has been getting done on the new V3.2 release of AB in preparation for the show and we haven't been monitoring the forums like we should. Too much to do - too little time. :-(

The HTML output generated by AB is fixed. However, the AB saved roster format is publicly defined within the Authoring Kit. All AB rosters are XML files, so you ought to be able to come up with an XSL template to transform the saved roster file. You can then read hook your transform directly into AB as a custom extension. For details on all of this, please refer to the section on "Custom Extensions" within the Authoring Kit documentation.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old April 15th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Well now, that was fun. Learned more about XSL than I've learned in a while, which, ultimately is a good thing. Now that I've created what I want to create as far as a transform for my roster, does anyone want to throw an extension to output to my xsl file? I've looked at it, but it's not jumping out at me.
Ambush is offline   #6 Reply With Quote