Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

atimrogers

Old September 1st, 2013, 05:48 PM
Hi,

I'm new to HeroLab, and I've been playing around, trying to figure out how to incorporate some of the homebrew magic elements our GM has thrown into his Savage Worlds campaign.

One thing I've found myself using is the permanent adjustments portion of the personal tab. However, I've found that the standard output of this - the "Activated Adjustments" section - doesn't seem to shift or scroll on the character sheet output like some of the other sections of the character sheet. Instead, the activated adjustments section seems to stick at the bottom of the right hand column of the first page, and anything else that prints down that far prints over the top of it (so, for example, I currently have some weapons printed over the Activated Adjustments).

Am I doing something wrong? Can I make one of these sections skip over onto page two? Can I make the Activated Adjustments section go away so I don't have this problem?

(Note, I've just experimented with making the weapons section REALLY long; the weapons print on top of Activated Adjustments until they reach the end of the column, and then they start up again on the second page of the character sheet.)

Thanks,
Tim
atimrogers is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 4th, 2013, 09:39 AM
This sort of positioning error is often very particular to the exact combination of things you've added to your character. The height of thing X + the height of thing Y + etc. comes out exactly wrong. So it would be very helpful for me to see the character you're seeing this on - that will make it faster for me to reproduce this error, and once I can reproduce it, I can figure out how to fix it. Could you please post that character as an attachment here?
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
atimrogers

Old September 4th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Sure thing -- I'm sure this sheet doesn't represent the most elegant solutions for what I was trying to do, but it gets most of the job done. I've unstacked the throwing knives so you can see the trouble I was running into before I figured out how stacking worked (which made my weapons list short enough to not conflict with the activated adjustments section).

Thanks,
Tim
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hero Lab - Phrimrata Nom.pdf (449.6 KB, 5 views)
atimrogers is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 4th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Can I get the .por file, rather than a fixed pdf, please? With the .por file, I can make a change and then see if that change fixes the problem.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
atimrogers

Old September 4th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Sorry. Here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: email Phrimrata Nom.por (20.8 KB, 4 views)
atimrogers is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 4th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Darjuhistan Rising'

Where do I go to get "Darjuhistan Rising"?
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
atimrogers

Old September 4th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Oops, that one's trickier because the mac buries my library files. Let's dig it out.

Here it is, I think -- see if this is what you need. It's my first user file; quite possibly goofy.
Attached Files
File Type: email Darjuhistan Rising.user (10.0 KB, 2 views)
atimrogers is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 4th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the saved chracter and the data. I've gotten this fixed, and the fix will be in the next update.
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
atimrogers

Old September 4th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Thank you for working through it -- I didn't know if I was just not clicking a check box or something.
atimrogers is offline   #9 Reply With Quote