Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 30th, 2014, 10:43 PM
The latest version of our iPad app is now available on the app store! You can now create new heroes, make changes to existing characters, and continue to use the app during play with this new update. To activate the app’s new character creation capabilities, you’ll need to link the app with one of your Hero Lab license numbers, just like you do on your desktop or laptop.

To learn more about this latest version, including activation, check out our website.

Last edited by liz; July 31st, 2014 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Edited the website address
liz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old July 30th, 2014, 11:21 PM
I can't install the Pathfinder v9.7 files as it says I need Hero Lab v5.3, even though that's what I just installed. Yikes!

Edit: I'm deleting and reinstalling the entire app to see if that fixes it.

Last edited by DMG; July 30th, 2014 at 11:29 PM.
DMG is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old July 31st, 2014, 01:50 AM
Looks like deleting the entire app & reinstalling worked. Yay!
DMG is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
medwards89

Old July 31st, 2014, 07:39 AM
I had problems too, I uninstalled app. then re-installed, made sure that the 'Activate License' button was available. I then update my Pathfinder Files to current release. I DID NOT load the Community Pack for Ipad that I had before and that cleared about 8-10 bootstrap errors I was getting and then it finally behaved as expected and intended. The Community Pack I assume need to be tweaked and updated.
medwards89 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lackoffocus

Old July 31st, 2014, 10:44 AM
I am having issues with herolab on my iPad 2 32gb. I installed the newest version of herolab 9.7 and have the activate license button the bottom of the main screen when ever I go to activate the license the screen goes black then to the home screen.
1) I have deleted the app rebooted the iPad then reinstalled still having the same issue.
2) I tried using the viewer only the app does the same thing.
Lackoffocus is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 31st, 2014, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medwards89 View Post
I had problems too, I uninstalled app. then re-installed, made sure that the 'Activate License' button was available. I then update my Pathfinder Files to current release. I DID NOT load the Community Pack for Ipad that I had before and that cleared about 8-10 bootstrap errors I was getting and then it finally behaved as expected and intended. The Community Pack I assume need to be tweaked and updated.
Not a clue how to fix this. The issue is you must have activated your license and now instead of ALL packages you have only your standard set.

So things that need Mythic and stuff won't load. The next problem is unlike the Desktop if the same file exists in more than one package they won't load. Well several packages re-use files for control. These files then overwrite each other on the desktop leaving only a single version. The iPad does not do this and the same file in two different packages causes a conflict. Hence the creation of the iPad Super Pack!

Now I have to support different licenses without the ability having the same base control files in different packages. So the iPad super pack only works if you use the "FREE" version of the app. If you upgrade and don't have things like Mythic on your license the packages will fail to load correctly.

I asked Colen about XML settings for the update file so that I can have different packages for iPad "FREE" version and the iPad "Paid" version. Never heard back so he must be busy. Anyone at LW have an idea on this? Please? Last time I had to use wireshark to get the info and was hoping as I am busy I could just get the info...

But I still don't have a good plan right now for supporting this new version of the iPad. As it acts "sort" like the desktop application but not exactly...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 31st, 2014, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackoffocus View Post
I am having issues with herolab on my iPad 2 32gb. I installed the newest version of herolab 9.7 and have the activate license button the bottom of the main screen when ever I go to activate the license the screen goes black then to the home screen.
1) I have deleted the app rebooted the iPad then reinstalled still having the same issue.
2) I tried using the viewer only the app does the same thing.
If you haven't already, please contact our support team.
liz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 31st, 2014, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I asked Colen about XML settings for the update file so that I can have different packages for iPad "FREE" version and the iPad "Paid" version. Never heard back so he must be busy. Anyone at LW have an idea on this? Please? Last time I had to use wireshark to get the info and was hoping as I am busy I could just get the info...
I'm not sure when you contacted him, but he's been heads down and focused on getting the app out. I'll flag to him the fact that you contacted him about this.
liz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 31st, 2014, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
I'm not sure when you contacted him, but he's been heads down and focused on getting the app out. I'll flag to him the fact that you contacted him about this.
Thanks! He did get a back to me. Hopefully have some solution soon...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old July 31st, 2014, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Thanks! He did get a back to me. Hopefully have some solution soon...
I've upgraded and now I have a ghost dataset which I can't delete.
Swiping left doesn't activate the delete button!

It's the official update package prior to this new release too.

It states "import file is too old to be used with this version of hero lab"

How's you get rid?

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

bodrin is offline   #10 Reply With Quote