Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

sqrw

Old June 11th, 2020, 11:38 PM
Hi!

I was wondering what the chances are of sharing a roadmap with the users? I know it's a bit uncomfortable as it gives the feeling you're being held to promises/dates but even a priority list of those are the next 20 things we hope to get done in rough order would be super helpful.

I think for users it'd be good to see what the plan for the coming month is as well as get to see that feedback makes it on the roadmap so we don't have to beat a dead horse that is already planned anyway (shared dice rolling anyone? :P).

It'll also add a bit of confidence to HLO being a beta stage software and that there is a plan (I don't doubt there is one) to bring it to a full and good state.

I'll give an example of what I'm thinking about so it doesn't sound too scary:

* [PF2][Content] Add book about marshmellows
* [ANY][Feature] Add shared dice rolls
* [SR6][Content] Add Snakepeople source book
* [PF2][Content] Add Snakepeople source book as well (it's system agnostic !)
* [SR6][Fix] Fix essence for Snakepeople
sqrw is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
bruuuuuu

Old June 12th, 2020, 06:31 AM
+1 for this from me.
bruuuuuu is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 12th, 2020, 06:55 AM
See https://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60042 for the only roadmap they've updated recently.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
sqrw

Old June 14th, 2020, 06:44 AM
Oh I should have looked at the updated date not the created date o.O, I thought it's 2 years old.

Not a lot in there but it's something
sqrw is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old June 15th, 2020, 09:57 AM
i find it frustrating that "Party Loot Management" and "Streamlined Starship Management for the Whole Party" were touted by LW as the main benefits of an online model-- yet they still aren't close to being implemented, years after the launch of HLO.
dacoobob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
WatersLethe

Old June 22nd, 2020, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoobob View Post
i find it frustrating that "Party Loot Management" and "Streamlined Starship Management for the Whole Party" were touted by LW as the main benefits of an online model-- yet they still aren't close to being implemented, years after the launch of HLO.
The starship management still being absent is seriously galling.
WatersLethe is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old June 23rd, 2020, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatersLethe View Post
The starship management still being absent is seriously galling.
Particularly so when we recall that it was one of the major reasons why Starfinder wasn't going to be made available with HLC.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Thrawn82

Old June 25th, 2020, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
Particularly so when we recall that it was one of the major reasons why Starfinder wasn't going to be made available with HLC.
I believe that is what is classically referred to as a 'bait and switch'

I would really like to see party loot implemented, particularly now with the campaign theater up which i plan to use in my upcoming PF2 campaign
Thrawn82 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old June 25th, 2020, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn82 View Post
I believe that is what is classically referred to as a 'bait and switch'
That's too harsh on LW imo. I think it's pretty clear that that the development process for HLO has simply turned out to be vastly more difficult and time-consuming than they anticipated.

Yes, it absolutely sucks that fundamental features like starships are still missing from the product after all this time, but i really doubt that it's part of some conspiracy by LW to defraud their customers. They fucked up for sure by releasing HLO way too early, but they're doing their best to fix it while also keeping the company afloat financially.

Even though the delays are very frustrating, I believe LW is acting in good faith and will deliver on their promises eventually. Until I'm convinced that's not the case, I'm sticking with my subscription.

Last edited by dacoobob; June 25th, 2020 at 11:25 AM.
dacoobob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old June 25th, 2020, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoobob View Post
Even though the delays are very frustrating, I believe LW is acting in good faith and will deliver on their promises eventually. Until I'm convinced that's not the case, I'm sticking with my subscription.
I also believe that they are acting in good faith. As far as eventually delivering on their promises…
  • I am still an active RealmWorks user, and love the program as is. But there were absolutely and for sure promises made regarding that program - promises I believe were made in good faith - that were not delivered, and there are still at least two MAJOR bugs that are not, as far as I can tell, being worked on.
  • I am still an active HL Classic user, because LoneWolf's promise of porting Pathfinder 1st Edition to HLO has not happened. So far as I can glean from any of the information that's actually been provided this has been put on a burner so far back it's actually outside the kitchen. With the (minimal) explanation that "it's turned out to be more complicated that we thought." Another promise that I believe was made in good faith that has not come to pass.

So while I absolutely believe that LoneWolf have made these commitments with every intention of following through, I've got absolutely no certainty that any promises made regarding any products will be delivered on. I'm not saying they won't, just saying I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by Maidhc O Casain; June 25th, 2020 at 11:51 AM.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #10 Reply With Quote