Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Fox Lee

Old January 2nd, 2016, 01:13 PM
Did this get submitted? I've just run into it now, and I'm super not keen on manually tweaking dozens of snippets in several hundred topics just because I fancy the default style being a little bigger :\ If nobody has submitted it yet, I'll happily do so myself.

Fox Lee, The Art Gremblin
Invincible Ink - Original indie tabletop games on demand
The Square Fireball - Where it's 4th Edition Forever
Skies of Escarnum - Inclusive anime-flavoured 4e campaign world
HeroLab 4e patch contributor
Fox Lee is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old January 3rd, 2016, 07:18 AM
I have sent a bug report and it has been pushed on to their "fix it" pile.

Where exactly it ended up in their pile I don't know :-)

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old January 4th, 2016, 03:23 AM
I have a rather annoying problem with my preferred text settings:

Saving text snippets often leads to an automatic change in text spacing and/or rather font style change. The resulting spacing kicks text out of the visible part of the snippet box and the "font indicator" (the small field in the format menu) turns empty. Highlighting individual parts of the snippets shows the right font style and size (those of my preferences), but positioning the cursor behind the last sign shows a different font style than preferences. Across all my realms and independent of the set preferences the last sign or paragraph mark apparently turns into Cambria Math.
Changing the font style of the whole snippet and saving results in correct display until the next changes. But that is time consuming and does not work with annotations to tag snippets like charakter role.

Realm Works font error

Does anyone else encounter this problem? Or knows of a work around while I wait for my bug report to get worked off?
Greebo is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 4th, 2016, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
... turns into Cambria Math.
It has been reported by others that they get double-spacing due to having Cambria Math font installed. In the other two reported cases, they were able to resolve things by uninstalling Cambria Math font. Do you know what caused Cambria Math to get installed on your computer? Was this a recent occurrence?
davidp is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old January 4th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp View Post
Do you know what caused Cambria Math to get installed on your computer? Was this a recent occurrence?
I have it on my main machine (Windows 7, Office 2003) and my Windows 10 testing VM (Windows 10 Insider Fast ring, OneNote, previously had the Office Preview apps).

Poking around Microsoft Support: Cambria Math Regular comes with Windows Vista, 7, and 8; Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010; and the 2007/2010 viewers and converters. It appears that it'd also come with Office 2013 if you have the Equation Editor installed.

Removing Cambria Math Regular will probably make the Equation Editor not work. It needs you to have a font installed that Office recognizes as a math font.

Last edited by Parody; January 4th, 2016 at 12:25 PM.
Parody is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 4th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
I have it on my main machine (Windows 7, Office 2003) and my Windows 10 testing VM (Windows 10 Insider Fast ring, OneNote).

Cambria Math Regular comes with Windows Vista, 7, and 8; Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010; and Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 viewers and converters.

(continuing to poke around Microsoft websites)
And presumably you don't have a problem with text becoming double-spaced in Realm Works? It then makes me wonder if the Cambria Math font you have is the same as Greebo has.
davidp is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 4th, 2016, 12:17 PM
And, you mention Cambria Math Regular. Is it different from what Greebo has as Cambria Math?
davidp is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old January 4th, 2016, 12:40 PM
Quote:
And presumably you don't have a problem with text becoming double-spaced in Realm Works? It then makes me wonder if the Cambria Math font you have is the same as Greebo has.
I haven't seen anything like that, but I haven't done a lot of text editing since 200 either. If you look at Cambria Math in other applications (Wordpad or even Character Map) you'll see the same spacing; it's built into the font, or at least version 5.96 of Microsoft's version of it.

The question remains, though: why is Realm Works substituting in a symbol font?

Quote:
And, you mention Cambria Math Regular. Is it different from what Greebo has as Cambria Math?
It's the full name. Cambria Math is the typeface, Regular is the style. If you had more variants installed, you might also have Cambria Math Italic, Cambria Math Condensed Extra Bold, and Cambria Math Semi Bold Italic.

Font Window.png

I'm just being overly specific. They're the same.

Last edited by Parody; January 4th, 2016 at 01:31 PM.
Parody is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 4th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Almost everyone has Cambria Math installed. It comes as part of Win 7, 8 and Office 2013. Telling people to uninstall the font is not really the answer to this problem.
kbs666 is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 4th, 2016, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Almost everyone has Cambria Math installed. It comes as part of Win 7, 8 and Office 2013. Telling people to uninstall the font is not really the answer to this problem.
It is an answer to the problem. It is most likely not the only answer. But it gets very hard to diagnose the underlying problem when it cannot be reproduced at will (i.e. deliberately on another person's machine) and if the answer of uninstalling a font is acceptable to someone encountering that problem, then it is an acceptable answer.
davidp is offline   #20 Reply With Quote