Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Shadowfoot

Old May 30th, 2020, 01:53 AM
Is there any chance the default journal date format could use the browser local date? Outside of the US M/D/Y is very confusing, especially on the first 12 days of each month. 6/1/2020 is early January to much of the world.
Another option is to use the alpha representation of the month, such as 1-Jun-2020, but that sometimes has localisation problems.

🎲 Pathfinder 2e GM

Need spawns invention, but imagination gives rise to need. — Logic of Design
Shadowfoot is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
sqrw

Old May 31st, 2020, 03:09 AM
I opened ticket about that a while ago, originally sorting was broken too. The sorting got fixed already. The format I suggested was the ISO standard it's distinct enough not to be confused with either US and non US date formats and doesn't include names so there is no localisation format.

So instead of MM/DD/YYYY or DD.MM.YYYY it'd be YYYY-MM-DD

I'm glad there are more people running into confusions with the dates perhaps if we get some people together who have the same issues we can get this prioritized
sqrw is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Geodragon

Old June 1st, 2020, 05:15 AM
There is a work around, but first: Well, the sorting broke how I was sorting, since I was using game date for the chronicle number and now that it sorts on real date, all my journal entries were out of date.. I wish it didn't autofill with a date. So, I swapped date played and real date to chronicle number.

The work around. Put whatever date you want into those fields, don't tab off or click elsewhere until the text goes from grey to white. Once it's sync'd, you can select another field and it won't change to a date format. As I said, I use chronicle numbers starting with 0 if it's single digit.
Geodragon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
bruuuuuu

Old June 1st, 2020, 04:28 PM
+1 for YYYY-MM-DD
bruuuuuu is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 2nd, 2020, 12:30 AM
Does HLO allow all UTF-8 characters in all non-numeric-only fields?

Both of these are things that should all be part of the basic internationalisation that should automatically be applied to modern application development.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old June 3rd, 2020, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Does HLO allow all UTF-8 characters in all non-numeric-only fields?

Both of these are things that should all be part of the basic internationalisation that should automatically be applied to modern application development.
I just successfully named a character "🎺👼", so it looks like a yes to me. I'd guess the date field has more specific formatting requirements so that if they add other automated functionality in the future (I can imagine lots of useful stuff with campaign view timelines) it automatically works with all existing data.
Roadie is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 4th, 2020, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
I just successfully named a character "🎺👼", so it looks like a yes to me. I'd guess the date field has more specific formatting requirements so that if they add other automated functionality in the future (I can imagine lots of useful stuff with campaign view timelines) it automatically works with all existing data.
The presentation of the date should be independent of how the date is stored internally.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #7 Reply With Quote