Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 29th, 2017, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfyre View Post
Then maybe have Hero Labs relevant Q&A and updates posted HERE instead of forcing people to create facebook accounts to access it?
We have your questions. You've posted them here. This was simply another venue in which to collect them.
BJ is offline   #71
daplunk

Old August 29th, 2017, 04:19 PM
BJ's post was clearly not intended as a FAQ. It was simply a way for BJ to health check the public FAQ that she had already almost completed.

Personally I'm looking forward to reading the official FAQ once it's released.

Then we can all come back here and rip it to pieces and ask more questions.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #72
Winterfyre

Old August 29th, 2017, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
We have your questions. You've posted them here. This was simply another venue in which to collect them.
Yes, but where are the answers?

I don't know if you realize but I just invested over $200 into a game system because of your previously posted commitment to supporting Starfinder in a relatively short time frame, which no longer appears to be the case, using the same model as pathfinder, which definitely isn't the case

Given the rumors about your plans, which should have been made public before Starfinders release if they differed from the pathfinder model, which they do, I may now consider that money a complete and utter waste depending on the answers to questions you should have taken into consideration and provided to EVERYONE before gencon.

I want to know, if you do give the wrong answers and duped me out of $200 how do I get that money back?

Are you going to give it to me?
Winterfyre is offline   #73
Aaron

Old August 29th, 2017, 04:28 PM
Lone wolf has a very generous refund policy, if you feel deceived and you've made your purchases recently, you can submit a case to the same place bugs are reported and we'll take care of you. I'd urge you to give BJ a couple days to clear things up before taking that step though.
Aaron is offline   #74
talsharien

Old August 29th, 2017, 04:36 PM
The man does have a point though Aaron, I mean I love Hero Lab. I have invested a lot of money into it and a lot of time learning how to code and use the editor and authoring kit. Dropping a bombshell like you have and then offering a void of information is bound to cause annoyance. We are a community with a passion for RPG and perhaps take these things a little too seriously (I state whilst sat at my computer early hours of the morning when i should be going to bed), I know I do. Ultimately however, we are customers who are seeking a little assurance as to what is happening with their favourite gaming tool. I have 3 live campaigns currently, each heavily embedded in HL and each I have poured hundreds of hours of my life into. I suspect that I am not alone.....
talsharien is offline   #75
Paragon

Old August 29th, 2017, 05:44 PM
I'm not going to nag them about it, but I've made my feelings clear about an online primary (let alone online only) tool; its the reason I didn't get into RealmWorks, and its unlikely to change here.
Paragon is offline   #76
Wageslave

Old August 29th, 2017, 07:25 PM
Please forgive my concerns here.

I do NOT have a smart phone, my tablet works by pre-downloading data at home in advance and cannot support HeroLab, much less any new online iteration of it, and purchasing a new phone specifically to have online content along with an attendant data plan and packages AND the subscription will make it impossible for me to continue to purchase new products on new product lines via LWD due to prohibitive costs.

Please reconsider this idea.

Insulating Starfinder behind a 'pay wall' that is four levels deep (see: phone/data plan/HLO membership/datapackages) is not a good idea.

Why can't the current Hero Lab be used, with appropriate changes in appearance and packaging?

I would buy a data package/game package *alone* for an offline version as currently exists.

The other option is no-go.
Wageslave is offline   #77
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 29th, 2017, 08:34 PM
Alright everyone here are the questions we've answered so far. http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59075

I'd have had it up earlier if not for the fact that I not only have some manner of plague, but our pallets went on an adventure and I spent a good part of the day sitting in a ridiculously warm storage unit sorting through thousands of dollars worth of potentially damaged equipment.

Last edited by BJ; August 29th, 2017 at 08:59 PM.
BJ is offline   #78
daplunk

Old August 29th, 2017, 09:02 PM
Rob's still alive!

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #79
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 29th, 2017, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Rob's still alive!
Aren't you glad I finally answered that one of yours? :P
BJ is offline   #80
Closed Thread