Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Silveras

Old July 30th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Frog God Games has compiled the original 3.x Tome of Horrors I, II, and III into a single volume updated for Pathfinder. Given how often Paizo uses the Tome of Horrors in its products, has there been any thought at Lone Wolf to doing a dataset based on it?
Silveras is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Thazar

Old July 30th, 2011, 11:31 AM
While I for one would be more then happy to buy this in HL form. As it is a third party item it will most likely be up to the community to enter this.

But if we are taking a vote... I would MUCH rather pay Lone Wolf and download an add on for this bad boy. It would most likely be a pretty pricey item as the book is something like 900 pages with creatures, templates, poisons, etc included. Even with that caveat of a large price tag I would still pay for it.
Thazar is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
thundershot

Old July 30th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Yes. I would totally pay to have all of these critters added "officially"...
thundershot is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
IconoclasticScream

Old July 30th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Count me in, were it officially made and for sale.
IconoclasticScream is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old July 30th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thazar View Post
As it is a third party item it will most likely be up to the community to enter this.
Normally, I would agree with that. However, as I said, Paizo tends to make frequent use of Tome of Horrors monsters in their products, so that makes it seem more likely to me.

Some of the recent enhancements to HeroLab also allow for third-party content and updates. If not Lone Wolf, perhaps Frog God Games might do it.

Of course, there is also the chance that exactly this is in the works, and any news of it is being saved for GenCon.

Also, while it is quite likely that Lone Wolf is aware of the ToH Complete project, I thought I'd mention it on the off-chance they were not.. so that if there *is* interest, they might look up the folks from Frog God at GenCon next week. If I had waited until after GenCon, it would be too late for that.
Silveras is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old July 30th, 2011, 10:33 PM
I too would pay for this too!
Nikmal is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Theocrat

Send a message via Skype™ to Theocrat

Old August 1st, 2011, 06:28 PM
While this would sell from WL like hot cakes, I cannot fathom them doing this. Ultimate Magic was delayed and issued in two parts. Ultimate Combat officially comes out in two days. Those of us that get early copies have only had it for 2-3 weeks. So for WL to have Ultimate Combat, Field Guide to PFS and the other guides - Faiths, Revisited and any others that were just released - usable in HL in a timely manner seems too much to ask. Remember, WL isn't just doing HL for Pathfinder. They have Shadowrun they were discussing, M&M 2 and 3, 4e, and so many others that they need to focus on - in addition to updating Herolab itself.
Although, it would be totally Kick Ass if they did announce it at GenCon.

Theocrat Issak
Las Vegas Lodge Gaming Agent
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Random

Old August 1st, 2011, 07:59 PM
Unlikely that they'd do it for HL...because it's FGG stuff and not Paizo stuff...so they'd have to cut a deal with FGG for it. FGG is a small company too...so unlikely they'd do it without a realistic idea of how many they'd sell...and even then only if they have programmers as part of their crew. I find it doubtful that it'll ever be in unless the fanbase does it themselves.
Random is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Unseelie

Old August 6th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Regardless as to who does it, if someone were to do it, I would be willing to pay for it.
Unseelie is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
poizen37

Old August 7th, 2011, 03:40 AM
I think the best we could hope for on this front would be for members of the community to code, pass it along to LW or FGG, and have them release it from there. It's not unheard of (ala Super Genius Game's Dragonrider from ShadowChemosh).

PS - I don't suppose anyone's done the legwork on the Froghemoth yet? I'd love a copy!

Last edited by poizen37; August 7th, 2011 at 03:50 AM.
poizen37 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote