Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 17th, 2017, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
I'd like to ask what the current roadmap looks like right now.

The immediate goal, I understand, is to launch HLO.

Then, development on HLO will continue with adding game systems and features.
And there's still the content market for RW.

Will these two things be developed congruently, or will one take precedence over the other?

Then, if I recall correctly, RW will eventually be web-based. Where does that fall in order of precedence/importance?

What other line items might fall between these things?

I'm not asking for trade secrets or disclosure of non-disclosable information. This is just a request for a general overview of the current roadmap.
Afternoon! Here are the answers I have currently.

Hero Lab Online is currently in Private Beta, with any luck it will be in Open Beta the week of the 23rd.

But to be clear, CM delays have little to do with the above. I thought we were set to launch the Content Market last month but the RW team ran into issues. Now, I am working with our partners to help both our companies technical teams solve these issues. As soon as we have all the current problems under control to the satisfaction of everyone, we will be delivering some info-content to Kickstarter backers and will launch the CM shortly after, unless some other tragedy I can't predict occurs.

Frequently the RW & HL programs are handled by separate teams and so move forward alongside one another. Once in a while, this may shift one way or the other, such as the HLO launch, or the Ream Works Content Market launch, that is unavoidable for a small company such as ours and affects little more than a day or two.

I would love to see Realm Works go web-based and interact personally with Hero Lab Online, it is absolutely a thought we have for the future, however, with the current focus for the RW team being the Content Market, and not knowing yet how that will turn out, I have no real timeline for this.

I have no idea what else might interrupt these processes; we do, of course, have to maintain Hero Lab Online and Hero Lab Classic, and we are still working on a variety of items our consumers would like to see appear in Realm Works as well, but we have no other new products in the pipeline currently.

Last edited by BJ; October 17th, 2017 at 11:21 AM.
BJ is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old October 17th, 2017, 11:30 AM
Thanks for that update BJ - nice to know a bit more about what is going on.

Can I suggest you also post this little update in the RealmWorks forum, as tempers got a little frayed there recently...
stuartwaring is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 17th, 2017, 11:47 AM
Welcome! I posted a link over there.
BJ is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old October 18th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Nice!

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old October 18th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Works for me!

And remember BJ (and staff) they can only whine and complain, they can't kill and eat you!
Grey Mage is offline   #15 Reply With Quote