Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Paragon

Old January 15th, 2016, 01:07 PM
Anybody have any idea why the following construct would be producing the above result? It doesn't seem to be a problem with the tag itself (that produced a different error). Is there something generically wrong with this as a construct, or is it a case where individual game systems all do this different (as I'm pretty sure I've used this sort of construct for an exp-req in SW before without trouble)? If its a system specific issue I'm obviously in the wrong place, but this kind of construct seems to work in more than one, so I'm assuming I'm missing something subtle.

hero.tagis[ClassFeature.fArdPsiAug] <> 0

Edit: Far as that goes, and I think I've asked this before, is there a generic way to tell in the editor what a given tag group is?

Last edited by Paragon; January 15th, 2016 at 01:39 PM.
Paragon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 15th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
hero.tagis[ClassFeature.fArdPsiAug] <> 0
The issue here is that a Group.Tag has the same 10 character limitation that Unique ID's do. It has to do with the way the 10 characters are created into a unique pointer in HL. In other words "ClassFeature" is too long to be the name of a Tag Group.

Quote:
Edit: Far as that goes, and I think I've asked this before, is there a generic way to tell in the editor what a given tag group is?
Not sure I follow the question. Tag Groups are defined in a .1st file that is one of the primary building blocks of HL system. In that .1st file you can define if a tag group is dynamic and can "grow" based on tags defined in .user files. Otherwise the specific "Tags" are defined in the .1st.

Hopefully that helps. Otherwise need more info...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old January 15th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Ah, then the problem is with the Group tag. I'd assumed it wasn't because the error message changed when I was fiddling with that.

And you actually answered my question, as I'd either never had my attention brought to, or had forgotten about "tags.1st".

Edit: However now that I've located the actual Tag Group ("ClassFeat") according to the list, I'm getting the error "Syntax error in pre-requisite rule script on line one -- group 'ClassFeat' not defined." When doing a search for valid objects to use in the expression, the category of Class Features comes up empty, though there are clearly a long list of them when I look manually (of course I don't know any way to tell if that's actually the group ID, but the tags.1st says it is).

Last edited by Paragon; January 15th, 2016 at 03:33 PM.
Paragon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old January 21st, 2016, 01:37 PM
To answer the question, in case anyone else runs into it, you can determine the actual tags with group if you have a character constructed, turn on "Enable Debug Tracing" under Diagnostics in the Tools menu, and then in the Develop menu its one of the "Floating Info Windows" available.
Paragon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 21st, 2016, 01:42 PM
Quote:
To answer the question, in case anyone else runs into it, you can determine the actual tags with group if you have a character constructed, turn on "Enable Debug Tracing" under Diagnostics in the Tools menu, and then in the Develop menu its one of the "Floating Info Windows" available.
Opps. I meant to come back and mention that and I got busy at work and totally forgot.

The debugging tools are VERY handy!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old January 21st, 2016, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Opps. I meant to come back and mention that and I got busy at work and totally forgot.

The debugging tools are VERY handy!
Its all right; Charlie Luce pointed it out to me. And in particular, I've found both the tag windows extremely informative.
Paragon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote