Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Acenoid

Old December 28th, 2014, 11:19 PM
I know we have got the survey already and "this horse has been beaten to death" already, however I wanted to mention it once more, because, at least for me this becomes more important every time I update & insert more data into RW:

Right now I have multiple groups with the same system and I have 2 Realms for them. One Realm includes already a lot of the game mechanic (but is also far from complete and will be an ever changing list).

Now I have no possibility to bring this data easily into the other Realm, without having to type everything in again. Also I become tired to update all the same tags and categories over and over again...

How do the other RW-Users handle this scenario? Did you put everyting into a single Realm instead and added a special tag to flag the content of the 2nd group?

You at LW probably have some other tools at your disposal, to manage such operations, however I wanted to ask you, if you have seen / experienced such or similiar problems, if you might have a good idea or a workaround for me how I could handle this in a better way? Or is this a no-issue from your side?

Right now my workaround is to close the realm and open the other one to look up game mechanic issues for example.
Acenoid is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 29th, 2014, 12:49 AM
It sounds like you are using the tool beyond its current capabilities.

When realm-sharing comes into the product then you should be able to achieve what you want by having a base-realm which can then be shared into your two separate game realms.
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 29th, 2014, 05:15 AM
Hang in there Acenoid.

I've been sitting around now for 18 months waiting for Marketplace access so I can move stuff between realms. I can enter data till the cows come home but without that critical piece it can't be used at the table if you want to keep a pristine realm as a base or run material with multiple groups or create multiple realms with the same ruleset embedded.
AEIOU is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Nemesis

Old December 29th, 2014, 06:55 AM
Which begs the question: do I need to have cloud access to share a realm with myself?
Nemesis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 29th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Hang in there Acenoid.

I've been sitting around now for 18 months waiting for Marketplace access so I can move stuff between realms. I can enter data till the cows come home but without that critical piece it can't be used at the table if you want to keep a pristine realm as a base or run material with multiple groups or create multiple realms with the same ruleset embedded.
DOUBLE Ditto,,,,,

this is one of the primary reasons I utilize RW "behind scene" as a DM management tool ... until there is the ability, the "in game / on table" version and the Players Version of RW" is seriously hamstrung.

So I have not released either in mass to my table.

As AEIOU points out, with out the means to keep a "core / pristine" setting, you can not do ALOT of things, and if you choose to customize to your own campaign, you only create ALOT of rework should you decide to share core / canon elements of what ever campaign setting in the future with others via the market place...

So, regrettably, we wait
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
skald1

Old January 2nd, 2015, 09:16 AM
To answer the original question I've created one master Realm for every campaign as they all share the same plotline.

Each campaign has their own Storyboard and maps of the same region with their own pins.

To prevent sharing of items between campaigns, I enable/disable the viewing of respective items during pre-game prep.

Another question for those of us with one master world/realm and multiple campaigns sharing the same NPCs, locations, items, etc. is how should we store the information now lest all that 411 goodness not be imported or split correctly later on? I don't suppose that can be answered until LWD has a plan in mind of how to handle parent/child realms.
skald1 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote