Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 7th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
A couple more things:

The stat block outputs are still showing (????) after Close Combat and Ranged Combat, even after I set the attacks in the Skill tab.
On the form where you choose which attacks it applies to, you can specify text for the title of the skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
Since Shapeshift is built off Variable, shouldn't it have access to the Action and Slow modifiers?
Yes, it should - I'll add these (although I believe Shapeshift already includes one application of the Action modifier, to make it a Move action rather than a standard action).
Colen is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 7th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Yes, it should - I'll add these (although I believe Shapeshift already includes one application of the Action modifier, to make it a Move action rather than a standard action).
This is true, but it's very common in my game to make it a free action.

Thanks for the replies!

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old September 7th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
This would be something you can set on the Close Combat skill - you can set it as applying to as many attacks as you like. So with Close Combat: Unarmed, you could make it apply to your unarmed strike, your grab, and to any other attacks you have if you wanted.
Shouldn't this mean you can buy multiple instances of the Close Combat skill?

Actually, mathematically, it would be better to just buy the Advantage: Close Combat (Attack).

So, yeah, when you buy Close Combat, it should only apply to one thing. Unarmed Combat *or* Grab, or a damage effect that doesn't have Range on it.

Don't mind me, I'm just babbling my way through this.
Shadowchaser is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 8th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowchaser View Post
Shouldn't this mean you can buy multiple instances of the Close Combat skill?
I'm pretty sure that option is there on Close Combat and Ranged Combat to cover the cases of Arrays that are treated as one power, as described under the relevant skills.

For example, a character who carried a Power Staff that had both a Damage and a taser-style (Affliction) attack.

Currently Playing:

Last edited by charlieluce; September 8th, 2010 at 01:48 PM.
charlieluce is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 8th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Quote:
What do you mean by "recompile your .user files"? They should be automatically recompiled every time you import a new set of M&M data files...
That's what I thought too, but to get items in the .user files to work, I had to go in and select Test for each one to get it to show up in the system. Even closing down the program and bringing it back up didn't bring them in otherwise.

I did have an issue earlier that day with an instance of HeroLab that wouldn't shut down until I ended its thread. Perhaps part of the older version was lingering in memory?
Duggan is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 8th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Another minor bug: Uncanny Dodge is still coming up as Ranked, which is no longer the case in 3e.

Currently Playing:
charlieluce is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer

Old September 9th, 2010, 12:47 PM
And here's an odd bug: Hero Lab reports that the Dolphin on p. 268 is PL 4, not PL 3. I can't find any reason it shouldn't be PL 3.
FifthWanderer is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old September 9th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthWanderer View Post
And here's an odd bug: Hero Lab reports that the Dolphin on p. 268 is PL 4, not PL 3. I can't find any reason it shouldn't be PL 3.
2E or DCA? I'm assuming the latter since the Dolphin appears on 250 in the 2E Core book. If they used the same skill values, the Dolphin probably has a Skill bonus of +8 in Swim and I believe 3E caps skills at 2xPL.
Duggan is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 9th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthWanderer View Post
Fortitude 5, Will 3. That means PL 4. Given that the box lists PL 3 and the Dolphin in 2e has Will 1 I would treat the Will 3 as a typo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
2E or DCA? I'm assuming the latter since the Dolphin appears on 250 in the 2E Core book. If they used the same skill values, the Dolphin probably has a Skill bonus of +8 in Swim and I believe 3E caps skills at 2xPL.
No, the Skill cap is PL+10.

Currently Playing:
charlieluce is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old September 9th, 2010, 07:51 PM
2E, this is either a newly introduced bug or an old one which I didn't notice. I have a guy with 9 points of regular Defense and 2 ranks of Dodge Focus. His normal base defense is 11 and properly displays as 5+6 dodge. I mark him as stunned. It shows him as defense 4 with 5 dodge. The lowest line is User(+9), Stunned (-2), Dodge Focus 2 (+2). He should be defense 3, the 5 without dodge and then the -2 for being stunned. Adding 1 to his base defense makes it 4+6 dodge and User(+10), Stunned (-2), Dodge Focus 2(+2). Adding a rank of dodge has the exact same results.

I think what it's doing is subtracting the -2 for stunned before figuring out how much of the defense is the dodge bonus, thus making the defense one too high.
Duggan is offline   #20 Reply With Quote