Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 15th, 2010, 06:01 AM
I made my reply on the other thread, but the mistake you're making is that, per p. 13 of Ultimate Power, Improved Range does not increase your maximum range, just your range increments. I'll admit that I didn't know that until last night when I started coding this.
Duggan is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 15th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Thanks for these reports - I'll fold these in to the latest version of the data files. (The interaction between the "increase range" feats will have to wait to next update, unfortunately.)

Edit: We're on a tight timeline today, so one or two of these will have to wait. But thanks for the reports, I have added them to my bug fix list.

Thanks!

Last edited by Colen; June 15th, 2010 at 09:41 AM.
Colen is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old June 15th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
Oh my GM HATES that rule. LOL
FWIW, Steve Kenson weighed in, saying that applying a -2 to the Reflex DC per range increment is reasonable.
Duggan is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old June 17th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Thanks for these reports - I'll fold these in to the latest version of the data files. (The interaction between the "increase range" feats will have to wait to next update, unfortunately.)

Edit: We're on a tight timeline today, so one or two of these will have to wait. But thanks for the reports, I have added them to my bug fix list.

Thanks!
Okay, folks were right, I was misunderstanding. The two power feats kick things up from the "normal" x10 to x25, x50, etc. for PF Improved Range and x250, x500, etc. for Progression, Increase Range.

As it is, the output is dropping a zero. Max range starts at Rank x100 not Rank x10, so a Rank 9 Blast should, onscreen and on the printout, show Range 900ft. not Range 90ft.

Part of my confusion is from the onscreen/sheet description of what you've bought as you'll see in the attached screenshot jpg. It shows (Progression, Increase Range 2 (range x5) - and it would show (range x2) if only one level of the PF had been bought. Respectively, they should have read as (range x500) and (range x250). Perhaps, to further avoid confusion for players, with the word "max" or "maximum" included, i.e (max range x250) or (maximum range x250).

Keep up the good work,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The range write-up.JPG (43.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; June 17th, 2010 at 06:47 AM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Send a message via MSN to atlarman Send a message via Yahoo to atlarman

Old June 23rd, 2010, 07:44 AM
Is anyone else having trouble making a "utility belt" by the guide line in the book using hero lab(ie paying full price fore most expensive eeffect the 2 pp each for rest?) im trying to make it come out on equipment side. so i had to buy each piece seperately- at full price then add a container titled 'utility belt' heare what i think is the bug it only alows gear not weapons as in book)
atlarman is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlarman View Post
Is anyone else having trouble making a "utility belt" by the guide line in the book using hero lab(ie paying full price fore most expensive eeffect the 2 pp each for rest?) im trying to make it come out on equipment side. so i had to buy each piece seperately- at full price then add a container titled 'utility belt' heare what i think is the bug it only alows gear not weapons as in book)
Ah. This is more due to a mild ambiguity of terms and the separation of equipment and powers as equipment. To create a utility belt, you would have to do the Device as Equipment option under the equipment add (not the weapons and armor add even though most items built with powers are essentially weapons and armor) and then set up the other equipment as APs. Unfortunately, that means creating everything out of whole cloth rather than just selecting it off the list. It's a minor thing in my opinion since most people building a utility belt are looking to go a step or two above normal equipment values, but it is something to note.

Containers are essentially to group equipment together so that you can transfer equipment. Say, you toss your rucksack across rooftops to a teammate. There's a way to transfer those items in HeroLab so that they're attached to him.
Duggan is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Old June 24th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Thanks for clearing that up ....i'll keep this in mind the next time i need 2 create a UB... This time ill stick to gear and add my offensive 'toys" as APs to my device(as it was essentially"ammo of sorts for it anyway.
atlarman is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old June 24th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
Ah. This is more due to a mild ambiguity of terms and the separation of equipment and powers as equipment. To create a utility belt, you would have to do the Device as Equipment option under the equipment add (not the weapons and armor add even though most items built with powers are essentially weapons and armor) and then set up the other equipment as APs. Unfortunately, that means creating everything out of whole cloth rather than just selecting it off the list. It's a minor thing in my opinion since most people building a utility belt are looking to go a step or two above normal equipment values, but it is something to note.

Containers are essentially to group equipment together so that you can transfer equipment. Say, you toss your rucksack across rooftops to a teammate. There's a way to transfer those items in HeroLab so that they're attached to him.
Otherwise you can use the Costructed equipment option which has the only function of creating an Equipment array.
Woodclaw is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old June 25th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodclaw View Post
Otherwise you can use the Constructed equipment option which has the only function of creating an Equipment array.
{holds up hands in surrender} I missed that entirely. Yes, that would make a lot more sense. :-p
Duggan is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Old June 25th, 2010, 10:25 AM
dont feel bad dugg. i didnt even know i had that option
atlarman is offline   #20 Reply With Quote