Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Silveras

Old February 14th, 2017, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Realm Works isn't designed to push out live updates to people at the table. It's designed for the GM to keep his world/adventure/campaign/rules organized, and to keep track of what's been revealed to players.

After the game session, the GM can sync to the cloud, and anyone with a player version can review all the revealed data between game sessions.

Alternatively, the GM can review revealed data to easily offer a recap at the next session.
If you think of this as a kind of private Wiki for a campaign, it makes more sense, I think.
Silveras is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 14th, 2017, 06:50 PM
A private Wiki is a good description!
BJ is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old February 14th, 2017, 07:09 PM
I prefer self-linking wiki.
Bidmaron is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 14th, 2017, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
Also good!
BJ is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old February 14th, 2017, 08:17 PM
This is the way I described realmworks to Fantasy Grounds users:

Think of Realmworks as a self-building non-web wiki.
It can automatically generate most links between topics and will bring up resolution dialog as it makes links if there is a conflict.
You can also designate which information to reveal to players
Bidmaron is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old February 14th, 2017, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipmunkPDX View Post
So, I understand things can get behind, but you shouldn't give dates if you are that far behind schedule. If your customer's can't trust you, how long do you expect to keep them?
I've been following since the Kickstarter. Every date they've given has been their best estimate at the time. When you give a date, and then have to replace a key staff member, you're not going to meet that date. When you give a date, then discover a bug that requires a rework of the whole backend, you're not going to meet that date. I'm glad they stopped giving dates, because every time they did something broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipmunkPDX View Post
Anyone else jump ship, and if so what have you gone to? I just bought Scabard.com to try it out, but open to suggestions. (I know they don't provide a Content market either, but they don't keep promising to give you one... and would rather use something where I know what I am getting instead of a bunch of empty promises.)
Is Masterplan still a thing? That's what I used to use. It was designed for 4e, but was passable for other versions of D&D.

That said, by the time you get through the learning curve of another product the Content Market should be up and running. Might be a good way to pass the time
Mystic Lemur is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 14th, 2017, 10:24 PM
Masterplan is dead to my knowledge. The link doesn't go anywhere. I still have a copy though. Found it last night during a HDD clean-up. If RW was ever an infant i imagine it looked alot like MasterPlan

http://www.habitualindolence.net/masterplan/

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old February 14th, 2017, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
This is a good description.
tkarn is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 14th, 2017, 11:21 PM
Wiki does it injustice IMO. Realm Works is so much more.

It's a dm binder full to the brim of every piece of information I have ever found that I thought might be useful that's is perfectly organised and goes out of its way to help me find the information I need when and where I need it. Realm Works is my OCD side. It organises everything to enable me to forget about organisation while I am running a session. It let's me let the story take control because I have faith that Realm Works is there backing me up when I need to get back on track quickly. It's got a much better memory than me which means my stories are lasting longer and becoming more details. It's the reason I will make the leap from pre made content to building a world of my own.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old February 14th, 2017, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Wiki does it injustice IMO. Realm Works is so much more.

It's a dm binder full to the brim of every piece of information (...)
Having some issues with OCD myself, this decribes it quite well, daplunk. And that is my personal reason, why I did not jump ship. Even though Dark Lord Galen's problems sound just like my problems. And I hope those missing features will be implemented quite soonish after the opening of the CM.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #40 Reply With Quote