Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion

Notices

Daelda

Old December 29th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Realmworks was working fine. I then added about a dozen people (just names, I didn't get to their descriptions yet. I tried to open Realmworks on my laptop to sync it with the new changes on my desktop and upon launch I got the following error:

"Database integrity issue. Too many realm starting points defined. Please contact support for further assistance."

I went back to my desktop and got the same error upon launch. I can't even get into RealmWorks at this point. *sigh* Luckily we are on a holiday break from our game and won't be gaming again for another week. Hopefully this issue can be fixed by then.

Bug Report has been submitted.
Daelda is offline   #1
Mmurphy

Old December 29th, 2013, 08:55 AM
I had something similar where it would crash Realm works after entering. I got an e-mail suggesting that I go to the manage tab and 'rebuild index'. This fixed my issue.

Hope this helps
Mmurphy is offline   #2
Daelda

Old December 29th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmurphy View Post
I had something similar where it would crash Realm works after entering. I got an e-mail suggesting that I go to the manage tab and 'rebuild index'. This fixed my issue.

Hope this helps
Unfortunately, I never get past the initial splash screen to be able to rebuild my index. Thanks though.

I hope I don't lose my 800MB database. I've put a LOT of work into it. Most of that size is coming from maps and pdfs, but I also have a couple dozen persons entered in - some with backstories and other info.
Daelda is offline   #3
Mmurphy

Old December 29th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daelda View Post
Unfortunately, I never get past the initial splash screen to be able to rebuild my index. Thanks though.

I hope I don't lose my 800MB database. I've put a LOT of work into it. Most of that size is coming from maps and pdfs, but I also have a couple dozen persons entered in - some with backstories and other info.
I hope you don't loose your data either. Sorry I was not of any help, but I would not do anything drastic until LoneWolf gets a hold of you. They maybe able to save your data, otherwise, you can always restore the backup that was made when you upgraded to build 142.

Again, I would not restore to the previous backup until LoneWolf gets a hold of you
Mmurphy is offline   #4
Daelda

Old December 29th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmurphy View Post
I hope you don't loose your data either. Sorry I was not of any help, but I would not do anything drastic until LoneWolf gets a hold of you. They maybe able to save your data, otherwise, you can always restore the backup that was made when you upgraded to build 142.

Again, I would not restore to the previous backup until LoneWolf gets a hold of you
Not doing anything drastic. I've already been contacted by LoneWolf and sent them my Database so they can give it a "look-see". Hopefully it will be fixed in the next few days. With any luck, my situation will allow them to prevent this from happening to someone else.
Daelda is offline   #5
Daelda

Old December 30th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Problem fixed, thanks to prompt tech support. I am back up and running. I just love RealmWorks and the LWD staff! Can't wait for my game to start back up in the new year.
Daelda is offline   #6
Amaranth

Old December 30th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Having the same issues. It happened right after I 'Synced All' and then exited out of the program. Upon launching, I get the same error. Email my DB to Support and am awaiting a fix. Fingers crossed.
Amaranth is offline   #7
Daelda

Old December 30th, 2013, 11:53 AM
I appear to have spoken too soon. I followed the instructions I was given and that seemed to work, however, upon exiting the program and then restarting it again, I get the same error.
Daelda is offline   #8
Amaranth

Old December 30th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daelda View Post
Problem fixed, thanks to prompt tech support. I am back up and running. I just love RealmWorks and the LWD staff! Can't wait for my game to start back up in the new year.
I posted my similar issue mere minutes after you said your problem was fixed. What was the fix? Or do I just wait for the Support guys?

Thanks for any info.
Amaranth is offline   #9
Daelda

Old December 30th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
I posted my similar issue mere minutes after you said your problem was fixed. What was the fix? Or do I just wait for the Support guys?

Thanks for any info.
Given that mine was a very temporary fix...I'd wait for further tech support.
Daelda is offline   #10