Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

John4now

Old December 16th, 2013, 04:50 PM
I am trying to figure out how do you hide the name of something from the players while still revealing some snippets about it? For example they are facing a vampire. I want to show the description and a picture at first in the player view. Then during the encounter I can reveal more info. But if I named the topic "vampire" then this is the first snippet I have to reveal. I could name the topic "mysterious stranger" but then later I would have to change the name manually.

Any ideas how to handle this problem?
John4now is offline   #1
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 18th, 2013, 01:33 AM
At the moment, there is no way to hide the name of a topic. We've mapped out a clean solution to this, but we haven't implemented it yet.

The simplest and easiest way to handle this in the interim is to name the topic "Mysterious Stranger" and assign is an ALIAS of "Vampire". That way, you can reveal the topic with a safe name at first, then you can reveal the alias at some appropriate time in the future. By using an alias, you also get all the benefits of automatic link detection, since every instance of "Vampire" will hook up to the "Mysterious Stranger".

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #2
John4now

Old December 18th, 2013, 04:54 AM
I did not know about Aliases. That works great. Thanks!
John4now is offline   #3