Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 7th, 2014, 07:16 PM
In the imminent release of Realm Works, there is a preliminary version of the Tips & Tricks (aka Best Practices) guide. This document is not complete, but it covers lots of useful material, so we're releasing it now so users can start leveraging it.

Within this document, there are lots of sections labeled "TBD", which means they are subjects that I'll be covering in future updates. To help me determine what's missing and prioritize which sections to flesh out next, I've created two threads in the Feature Requests forum. Please post in these two separate threads to voice your thoughts on these subjects:

Prioritizing What to Detail Next
Identifying What's Still Missing

Please do NOT post requests for new sections and/or votes for priorities in this thread. If you do, you will be chided for not reading these simple instructions.

If you have GENERAL questions about the Tips & Tricks guide, please post them in this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited by rob; May 7th, 2014 at 07:25 PM.
rob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old May 9th, 2014, 01:32 AM
How would you like comments on existing (non-TBD) sections to be handled?

Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 9th, 2014, 02:48 AM
I'm guessing such comments would be about something I haven't detailed enough or that isn't clear. So I classify that as "still missing".

Please post comments about existing sections in the "Still Missing" thread.

Thanks!
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old June 19th, 2014, 07:08 PM
I am a little more than half way through this book, and I have to say that I wish I had RTFM before I had gotten started. You guys have done a stellar job with this manual. It also makes anyone appreciate the lengths you guys went to with the software design. It is pretty clear you folks were actually using it as you built it, and there are just so many good ideas in there that it is honestly just astonishing. I could gush on, but I'll spare everyone.

I eagerly await the missing portions, but I don't have any positive suggestions at this point. It seems very complete (well, once the TBD's are filled in).

One question: As you update the book, will we be able to tell what was added so we can read those portions without having to try to remember what we've already read before (i.e. will there be a list of new topics on these boards or something?)

In closing, I just have to recommend to everyone that if you only read one of the books in the documentation, this one should be it! Further, you really must read this. It will save you time in redo's.
Bidmaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old July 18th, 2014, 11:46 AM
This thread may or mayy not be the best place for this link (feel free to move LW if you think it is better served elsewhere)

Seems logical to me that a "how to video" would be easy to find here...

Joey Turco is doing a series of short videos that looks at various aspects of Realm Works on GameratiTV
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...IflRFgH6vaiova

While they may (or may not) be best practices, some help beats no help....

enjoy
DLG
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old August 24th, 2014, 10:01 PM
I would like to see the font size for the PDF bumped up. For ease of reading I'm not a fan of the font, but if you could bump the size to 10.25 it wouldn't be a strain to read when viewed at 100%. It will increase the number of pages, but I'm reading it on the computer, as I'm sure most users are, so that wouldn't be an issue.
ruhar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
eponette

Old September 25th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Where can I find this guide?
eponette is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old September 25th, 2014, 06:41 AM
eponette: A video version from Gen Con is available here, I found it very useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVveETUAKqs

also the preparing content for sharing is great. Thanks rob et al!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6n6h6eqEA8#t=27

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
eponette

Old September 25th, 2014, 07:03 AM
Thanks. No 'documents' though?
eponette is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old September 25th, 2014, 07:24 AM
In RW, in the Help tab, there's the manual with links to the various guides as PDF documents.

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #10 Reply With Quote