Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ruhar

Old March 19th, 2014, 07:28 PM
My creativity doesn't run in the area of building worlds and adventures through the worlds so I have become a module queen. I'm currently entering one of the Carrion Crown Pathfinder Adventure Paths. While working on it tonight I discovered a need, sub-group for Groups (collapsible).

If anyone else is entering a module I'd love to chat on how you're doing it. Right now I'm entering the rooms. In the module there are three different locations the PCs will be adventuring in. Each location has its own rooms, NPCs, treasure, etc. It would be nice to have a sub-group so that each location has it's own information without scrolling through ALL of the topics in a group to get to the topic needed.

If I'm not approaching the use of RW right and/or someone has a work around or better idea I'd love to hear it.

Thanks.
ruhar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 20th, 2014, 12:51 AM
You can add a parent topic using the "Containing Topic" panel.
You can then choose "Show containing topic hierarchy" in the topic panel to see the nested hierarchy of topics.

Last edited by Farling; March 20th, 2014 at 12:55 AM.
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old March 20th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Farling, I found the "Show containing topic hierarchy," but I couldn't figure out the "Containing Topic" panel. Can you help me out?

Thanks.
ruhar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old March 20th, 2014, 10:39 AM
In the topic that you want to be a "contained" topic, click the + symbol on the "Containing Topic" section (right-hand panel of screen, I forget what it's called officially). Select the topic you want to be the container. Click OK.

Done.
Chemlak is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 20th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Hi Ruhar,

The Containing Topic works well for some people, but because you have only have one Containing Topic per topic, it is not always the best way.

In addition to the Containing Topic, among the Relationships are a couple that can represent group linkages.. one of them is "Membership" (as in the members of Group A are also all members of Group B)... and another is "Chapter" (as in Group A is the local Chapter of Group B). These can be overlaid on some of the displays.

Also, you can choose to spell out the relationship in text as a snippet. This will generate links from one topic to the parent, and a second snippet in the parent can make the reference bi-directional. This may not be the most efficient means, but it may allow for the most additional explanatory text if some is needed.

For some games, combining more than one of these options might be desirable.

In the end, whatever method or combination of methods works best for you is "right", and LoneWolf will be happy for the feedback on what you find useful or not.
Silveras is offline   #5 Reply With Quote