Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Eviltikiman

Old May 26th, 2014, 03:05 PM
So i just picked up the SR5 module for Hero Lab and was putting in some of the characters for the group I GM when one of them found a discrepancy. On our spread sheets we calculated the limit by adding up the three numbers than dividing by 3(rounded up to the next whole number), which is how the formula looks in the book. The program divides each of the numbers by 3, rounds them up(to the next decimal up), Than adds them together, than rounds up again(to the next whole number, or so it seems to me).
Example:
a character with Str4,bod4,react5 using the books formula for physical limit should be a 6, but in the program has a 7.

Is this a mistake on the part of the programers interpreting the rules, were they told that their way is correct, or what?

Last edited by Eviltikiman; May 27th, 2014 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Used Agi instead of React. my mistake
Eviltikiman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old May 26th, 2014, 06:32 PM
actually, 4+4+5=13 13/3(ROUNDUP)=5, not 6.

If you do 4/3+4/3+5/3 you get 1.4+1.4+1.7=4.5(ROUNDUP)=5

now, I'm all for order of operations, but yeah, they should be the same. In fact, if you do 1.3+1.3+1.7, you still get 5 in the end.

Are you sure your math is right in your head?
Pollution is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Eviltikiman

Old May 26th, 2014, 07:39 PM
im bad with math; but you forgot to add in the "x2" to one of the 4s since STR is multiplied by 2 in the formula.

"[(Strength x 2) + Body + Reaction] / 3 (round up)" <<<<printed formula
Eviltikiman is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Triskavanski

Old May 26th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Actually the formula is (STRx2)+Body+Reaction.

So thats the first thing I'd need to know is what is the characters reaction? Though, doing the math, even if it was 6, you should still have a limit of 6, as you've said.
Triskavanski is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Eviltikiman

Old May 27th, 2014, 05:48 PM
My ultimate question is why is the program rounding the individual number to the nearest decimal separately than adds them together before adding them together, THAN rounding to the next full number.
Eviltikiman is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mmurphy

Old May 27th, 2014, 07:17 PM
When I give a new character a Str=4, Body=4, and Reaction=5; I get a physical limit of 6 which is correct (4*2+4+5=17. 17 divided by 3 (round up) is 6.

Could the character have some cyber/bio ware that increases physical limit?

As a further test, I took the body up to 5 and then 6. At body 5, the limit was still 6 however when I took body to 6 it became 7 which is should be.
Mmurphy is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mortis Incognito

Old May 28th, 2014, 12:43 AM
There's definitely something up with Limit calculations when outside factors are involved.

I put a bug in last night because I had an Adept with Str 1, Bod 3, Ref 4 and Improved Reflexes 3, which correctly came out as Limit 4, but when Improved Potential (Physical) was added, it went up to 6.
Mortis Incognito is offline   #7 Reply With Quote