Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ualaa

Old September 15th, 2016, 08:41 AM
I get the HD error as well, but roll as if it were the correct D8, rather than the displayed D10, or whatever. So even though it displays every level as D10 (after taking Fighter levels), the Rogue|Druid levels never have a value entered beyond 8.
This would be more of an issue, if you were using either maximum or averaged hit points per level; even then, you could use the hit point adjustment to "fix" this.

Sphere Caster Level is an adjustment included by TheIronGolem. For the moment, I'm also using this adjustment to fix things.
Ualaa is offline   #131 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old September 15th, 2016, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barahoote View Post
I am wanting to download the gestalt pack and it never comes up as available. Has it been taken down? I have tried the servers listed in the document, but nothing...

Any advice?
On my 'Find Updates', it is listed as d20pfsrd:Gestalt (v0.6). The date field is listed as 27 July 2014.

The update source (add Source) is: http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herola...rd/updates.xml

Not sure if that helps or not.
Ualaa is offline   #132 Reply With Quote
meemaas

Old September 25th, 2016, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
I get the HD error as well, but roll as if it were the correct D8, rather than the displayed D10, or whatever. So even though it displays every level as D10 (after taking Fighter levels), the Rogue|Druid levels never have a value entered beyond 8.
This would be more of an issue, if you were using either maximum or averaged hit points per level; even then, you could use the hit point adjustment to "fix" this.

Sphere Caster Level is an adjustment included by TheIronGolem. For the moment, I'm also using this adjustment to fix things.
Many of my players are not nearly as rules savvy as I am, and don't know how to build characters outside of Herolab to begin with. Have you ever fought with a player who tried to tell you he should have d12 hit dice for all his levels, even though he only took one level of a d12 class?

I am aware of the Sphere Caster Level adjustment, but again, I have several players who have a weak grasp of the rules. and would find that as a quality of life improvement if it is at all possible. Obviously not expecting miracles.
meemaas is offline   #133 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old September 25th, 2016, 03:10 PM
Personally no.

Most of my players have done the majority of their builds, via pencil and paper. That's not necessarily to say that all of their choices are valid/legal. I've had players who are coming in, as a replacement character at say 11th level, who take multiple feats many of which they don't yet qualify for at the time the feat would have been taken.

Basically in my case, I go through their build with them, but input a copy onto my laptop as we go. One of our rules is that all of the characters have to be HL legal; if it isn't in HL, it's not a valid choice. I've got every Paizo HL option along with a few other companies. My players range from having just the free version of HL to some of the content I have.

Each level increase I print the new top sheets (the one that has the basic information along with the portrait). A new character, or everyone at 1st, 5th, 10th, 15th and 20th also gets the full printing with the feats/abilities and powers/spells.
Ualaa is offline   #134 Reply With Quote
Carpesimia

Old November 5th, 2016, 05:35 PM
HAd a question here. Figured it out myself.

Last edited by Carpesimia; November 5th, 2016 at 05:39 PM.
Carpesimia is offline   #135 Reply With Quote
GrinningJest3r

Old November 10th, 2016, 04:46 PM
I had previously successfully installed and used the 0.6 Gestalt addon. I logged into HL today to mess around a little bit and now, I get a couple of startup errors (listed below in case they're relevant) and I no longer have the option to select gestalt as a class. I have uninstalled and redownloaded the pack but that did not work. Any thoughts?

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attmept to lad them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cMPCHPsBd' (Eval Script '#1') on line 1
-> Tag 'WepProf.wMPCHPsBd' not defined
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rcMPDPHamm' (Eval Script '#3') on line 1
-> Tag 'WepProf.wMPDPHamer' not defined
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rcMPGrBioW' (Eval Script '#2') on line 1
-> Tag 'WepProf.wMPABioWGr' not defined
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rcMPLBioWp' (Eval Script '#3') on line 1
-> Tag 'WepProf.wMPABioWLs' not defined
GrinningJest3r is offline   #136 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 11th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrinningJest3r View Post
I had previously successfully installed and used the 0.6 Gestalt addon. I logged into HL today to mess around a little bit and now, I get a couple of startup errors (listed below in case they're relevant) and I no longer have the option to select gestalt as a class. I have uninstalled and redownloaded the pack but that did not work. Any thoughts?

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attmept to lad them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cMPCHPsBd' (Eval Script '#1') on line 1
-> Tag 'WepProf.wMPCHPsBd' not defined
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rcMPDPHamm' (Eval Script '#3') on line 1
-> Tag 'WepProf.wMPDPHamer' not defined
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rcMPGrBioW' (Eval Script '#2') on line 1
-> Tag 'WepProf.wMPABioWGr' not defined
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rcMPLBioWp' (Eval Script '#3') on line 1
-> Tag 'WepProf.wMPABioWLs' not defined
These errors have nothing to to with Gestalt. You need to update your Pathfinder Pack to the latest version. ALWAYS make sure to update your Pathfinder Pack after an update of HL or Pathfinder.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #137 Reply With Quote
Allafif

Old January 17th, 2017, 11:42 PM
Wild Shaping PrCs are tricky, but would you mind taking a look at a Gestalt one if you can?

My PrC is calculating Wild Shape properly as a normal character. As a Gestalt, the levels don't seem to stack at all.

(Link to my PrC)

If it looks like a headache, please don't trouble yourself, as it's really just a display issue.
Allafif is offline   #138 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 18th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allafif View Post
Wild Shaping PrCs are tricky, but would you mind taking a look at a Gestalt one if you can?

My PrC is calculating Wild Shape properly as a normal character. As a Gestalt, the levels don't seem to stack at all.

(Link to my PrC)

If it looks like a headache, please don't trouble yourself, as it's really just a display issue.
I am very sorry I have never really been able to get this addon outside of Beta release. Meaning it does not really 100% work correctly.

Without access to the skeleton files for Pathfinder I don't think I will ever get this to 100% work.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #139 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old January 22nd, 2017, 11:23 AM
A small bug report: when using background skills and gestalt, the character gets too many background skills (e.g. 6 for class/class/gestalt instead of 2). The adjustment to reduce background skills works fine, so it seems like adding a -4 to background skill ranks per gestalt entry would work to fix it.
Roadie is offline   #140 Reply With Quote