Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old April 30th, 2019, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provos View Post
Tiefling source is set to Races of Destiny instead of monster manual for some reason so it doesn't show up when it isn't selected.
Fixed. Thanks.
Sendric is offline   #871 Reply With Quote
Triskelion

Old May 1st, 2019, 05:15 PM
Hey everyone,

First post on here. I bought this program today and am trying to figure out how to build gestalt characters. Has anyone got any advice on where i find that?

TIA
Triskelion
Triskelion is offline   #872 Reply With Quote
Nokowi

Old May 3rd, 2019, 07:35 AM
I noticed that when equipping two weapons, the offhand weapon does not get highlighted in the magic item summary tab.

Thanks!
Nokowi is offline   #873 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old May 3rd, 2019, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triskelion View Post
Hey everyone,

First post on here. I bought this program today and am trying to figure out how to build gestalt characters. Has anyone got any advice on where i find that?

TIA
Triskelion
There isn't a fully-implemented way to do gestalt with the system. Your best bet is to make a class variant that adds the abilities of one class to another. You'd have to make a separate one for each combination you wanted to use though
Illyahr is offline   #874 Reply With Quote
Nokowi

Old May 3rd, 2019, 01:56 PM
It's possible to incorrectly get improved critical effect when taking one level of Master Thrower (complete warrior) and one level of Swordsage (tome of battle).

1. Make a Level 1 Swordsage, Level 1 Master Thrower character.
2. Purchase a dagger, and note the crit range as 19-20.
3. Choose Shadow Hand for Discipline Focus cSwoDFWF
4. Go to feats and select dagger for weapon focus fWepFoc

The crit multiplier will change to 17-20.

NOTES:

Removing either the Shadow Hand discipline (Shadow Hand) choice or the feat weapon focus dagger choice will remove the increased threat range for daggers.

Without a level of Master Thrower, this does not happen.

When the (incorrect) threat range is increased, no improved critical feat is ever listed on the player tab.
Nokowi is offline   #875 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old May 6th, 2019, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokowi View Post
It's possible to incorrectly get improved critical effect when taking one level of Master Thrower (complete warrior) and one level of Swordsage (tome of battle).

1. Make a Level 1 Swordsage, Level 1 Master Thrower character.
2. Purchase a dagger, and note the crit range as 19-20.
3. Choose Shadow Hand for Discipline Focus cSwoDFWF
4. Go to feats and select dagger for weapon focus fWepFoc

The crit multiplier will change to 17-20.

NOTES:

Removing either the Shadow Hand discipline (Shadow Hand) choice or the feat weapon focus dagger choice will remove the increased threat range for daggers.

Without a level of Master Thrower, this does not happen.

When the (incorrect) threat range is increased, no improved critical feat is ever listed on the player tab.
This may be a byproduct of the Critical Throw ability for master throwers. They get it at level 5 but it might be triggering at level 1 for some reason Sendric
Illyahr is offline   #876 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 6th, 2019, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
This may be a byproduct of the Critical Throw ability for master throwers. They get it at level 5 but it might be triggering at level 1 for some reason Sendric
You are correct. Easy enough fix, but I'm concerned there may be more cases like this in Complete Warrior as most of these were done a long time ago.

Thanks for the assist!
Sendric is offline   #877 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 6th, 2019, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteparnas View Post
What is happening now, though, is that the Chahar-Aina isn't adding the bonus to armor as it should. I didn't tested the other properties yet, but I do remember long ago it adding the +1 to AC if no Armor was worn (similar to Bracers of Armor, maybe).
When I add Chain Shirt and Chahar-Aina to a character, the AC bonuses from both stack and the character receives the appropriate AC. Are you still able to reproduce this error, and if so, how?
Sendric is offline   #878 Reply With Quote
Nokowi

Old May 6th, 2019, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
That's my belief. I tried rogue fighter swordsage and master thrower and I believe only the the combo of master thrower & swordsage caused the issue.
Nokowi is offline   #879 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old May 7th, 2019, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
You are correct. Easy enough fix, but I'm concerned there may be more cases like this in Complete Warrior as most of these were done a long time ago.

Thanks for the assist!
I'll go through CW after the next update. It's one of the books I have
Illyahr is offline   #880 Reply With Quote