Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Bebberino

Old January 3rd, 2018, 03:10 AM
So any idea when this will be fully implemented in HeroLab? I hate having errors in a character that shouldn't be there, and I doubt I'm the only one.

Quote:
Bonus Feats

At 3rd level and every 3 levels thereafter, a warpriest gains a bonus feat in addition to those gained from normal advancement. These bonus feats must be selected from those listed as combat feats. The warpriest must meet the prerequisites for these feats, but he treats his warpriest level as his base attack bonus (in addition to base attack bonuses gained from other classes and Hit Dice) for the purpose of qualifying for these feats.

Finally, for the purposes of these feats, the warpriest can select feats that have a minimum number of fighter levels as a prerequisite, treating his warpriest level as his fighter level.

Thanks....
Bebberino is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 3rd, 2018, 04:44 AM
This has cropped up, every so often for quite a while now.
I'm not sure on a fix timeline, but it's been an issue for a lengthy period already.

Obviously, on the LW end, it is not an easy fix, otherwise it would have been fixed a long time ago.
Ualaa is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bebberino

Old January 3rd, 2018, 06:25 AM
True enough, I don't understand coding, or the mechanics of the changes needed, or I would do it myself. I am no longer that computer savvy anymore.
Bebberino is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old January 3rd, 2018, 06:45 AM
Well originally it wasn't able to be implemented seeing it needed an overhaul of the core. Because of that it has been on the ToDo basically for a long time. This said however in the changelog for 8.4 the following was mentioned:

Added the capability to properly validate the requirements on Warpriest bonus feats (and other similar abilities). When feats are taken as Warpriest bonus feats, your base attack bonus and fighter level are counted differently than they are for normal feats. (A future version of the Pathfinder data files will be required to take advantage of these changes.)

and in the most recent Pathfinder update:
When picking bonus feats, Warpriests now treat their Warpriest level as their Fighter level, and use their Warpriest level instead of their base attack bonus to qualify for feats.

However it seems to currently not be fully working still. Seeing I still get the message I need to be a 4th level fighter when I am a 4th level warpriest (for weapon specialization as an example).
That said the BAB part seems to be working. When I am a 6th level warpriest I can take Vital strike which needs BAB +6.
So I would recommend filing a bug report for the fighter part
Togainu is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old January 3rd, 2018, 12:55 PM
I can confirm Bebberion's findings, though I originally thought this was fixed for me by reinstalling the software and patch. I just tried creating a new 4th level Warpriest and the Weapon Specialization feat was not available as one of the bonus feats for the class (under the Warpriest tab). Guess it's still broken. I'll submit a bug report.
Krothos is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 3rd, 2018, 01:24 PM
I believe this is already handled for the next release, which (fingers crossed) should be out today.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Bebberino

Old January 3rd, 2018, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I believe this is already handled for the next release, which (fingers crossed) should be out today.
Sweet

Thanks!!!!!
Bebberino is offline   #7 Reply With Quote