Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

zarlor

Old August 21st, 2014, 03:30 AM
Sure there is. Make it an activateable Edge (search for abilActive in the Common Code thread for an example.) That way it gives a check-box on the In Play tab of the portfolio and you can check it on (to add to toughness) or turn it off when it's not in use.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; August 21st, 2014 at 04:09 AM.
zarlor is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old August 21st, 2014, 08:53 AM
By the way, sorry about inserting that in this thread; I thought I was starting a new one.

That said, will it display the Toughness in any way that will distinguish the two different kinds of Toughness?
Paragon is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 21st, 2014, 09:00 AM
Nothing that would necessarily distinguish it outside of the checkbox to activate or deactivate it. But that, to me, isn't a problem when playing. If anything it's useful having it work that way.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old August 21st, 2014, 10:38 AM
Well, its not a killer issue, but the ability works in a slightly different way than normal Toughness; specifically, it doesn't operate if the Thin Man is surprised. So being able to tell which part worked that way at a glance would be nice, but its not like I can't look at the ability entry itself for that.
Paragon is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 21st, 2014, 10:54 AM
Yeah, but that to me is exactly what you would use the activation checkboxes for. Does the situation apply where you'd get the Toughness bonus? Click the checkbox and it's automatically applied. If it isn't supposed to apply, uncheck it. That way if you have multiple, stackable things that might or might not apply in any given situation you can check or uncheck the boxes as appropriate. Heck, I actually make new boxes on my characters as Temporary Adjustments just for things like Wild Attack (specially for the Parry modifier) so I'll remember if the modifiers apply or not, and that's just for something that you only worry about once a round.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old August 21st, 2014, 11:09 AM
Fair enough. I was thinking more of eyeballing them when you're, say, using a bunch of them as mooks where checking and unchecking things is a nuisance, but you're basically right.
Paragon is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 21st, 2014, 11:44 AM
Oh, I see. Yeah, I tend to think more in terms of using HL as a player a lot more than I do as a GM.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
The One

Old September 12th, 2014, 11:19 PM
As another B&B related question, how fo you handle an Edge that only functions if you have a certain piece of equipment?

Ideally I'd like to create a list of items which apply for each edge, check to see if the count of items on that list is 1 or higher and if that's true have the edge's effect kick in. What I can't seem to see is where to do that from
The One is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 13th, 2014, 02:35 AM
It would have to be written into the eval script code for the Edge effect.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
richkz

Old September 28th, 2014, 07:07 AM
So I got the program to add Power Points to poisoner:
Eval Scripts:
var smart as number
smart = (hero.childfound[attrSma].field[trtFinal].value)
#trkmax[trkPower] += ((herofield[acRank].value + 1) + (smart))

Set to Traits/3100.
This sets the power points correctly.
I also had to make an Arcane Background, and bootstrap it in, so the Arcane tab would show up, so I could select the trappings.
Now, when I select the Poisoner edge, I get a list of 10 error messages that say
Attempt to access non-live child pick 'skKnow' from script
Location: 'pre-requisite tule' script for Thing 'edgBPriest' near line 1

If I add a knowledge skill to the hero before picking the edge, I don't get the errors. If I then delete the edge, delete the knowledge skill, then repick the edge, I don't get the errors. Since the Poisoner edge doesn't have anything to do with the Priest edge, I don't understand why it's looking at the pre-req for Priest. Could someone point me in the right direction to fix this?
I can dismiss the errors, and the character creation is none the worse for it, so it's mostly an annoyance

Thanks
Rich
richkz is offline   #30 Reply With Quote