Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Paragon

Old August 12th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
Sorry, it's the "Edit" button next to the "Sources" on any individual item. So look at the Ammunition tab, for example, below the big box where you put a description on the right (below "Weight" and "Treat as Standard Gear"). It's in pretty much the same spot for everything. In other words anything you create can have a Source set for it.
Ah, so I need to go back and set a source for all the new material I've done, then? Is that why its currently just loading automatically when I pull up the SW system?
Paragon is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 12th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
Ah, so I need to go back and set a source for all the new material I've done, then? Is that why its currently just loading automatically when I pull up the SW system?
Yep. that's exactly it.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old August 12th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Thanks again, Zarlor. I think I'm on track now, but I'll see.
Paragon is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old August 13th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Okay, I've got a couple Edges that add to damage; one adds +2 any damage done with a Fighting roll, the other to any damage done with pistols.

I found this:

To add extra damage onto a weapon, in this case jbearwillis asked for (and CapedCrusader provided the code) the ability to add an extra 1/2 Agility die modifier to damage for a weapon:

Eval Script: Traits/5000 Timing: Before: Calc trtFinal

Code:

var DamagePlus as number
DamagePlus = hero.childfound[attrAgi].field[trtFinal].value - 1
field[wpDmgBonus].value += DamagePlus

Is this applicable to either of these, and if so how would it be used? Is it put on the specific weapons, or just what (if the former, its probably not worth doing and I'll just have the players remember it).

Edit: I found another couple code chunks that may be more approximately for this purpose, but I'm not sure I understand them.

There's this:

Pre-Traits/5000
Code:

foreach pick in hero from WeapMelee
eachpick.field[wpDmgBonus].value += 1
nexteach
perform hero.child[wpUnarmed].setfocus
focus.field[wpDmgBonus].value += 1

That seems like, if I'm understanding it, it should pretty much up all Fighting weapon damage listed.

And this:

At Pre-Traits/5000
Code:

foreach pick in hero from WeapRange
if (eachpick.tagis[Weapon.Thrown] <> 0) then
eachpick.field[wpShort].value = 4
eachpick.field[wpMedium].value = 8
eachpick.field[wpLong].value = 16
endif
nexteach

should just up the pistols, if pistols actually all have a tag for that.

Last edited by Paragon; August 13th, 2014 at 03:08 PM.
Paragon is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old August 13th, 2014, 02:45 PM
I put it on a weapon I made for a sci-fi game I was working on, not sure if you can have it work on a Edge, Never tried it.
jbearwillis is online now   #25 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 13th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Well that first one after the EDIT should be right for giving a +1 bonus to every Melee Weapon it steps through, and the following lines for:

perform hero.child[wpUnarmed].setfocus
focus.field[wpDmgBonus].value += 1

Then does it for Unarmed damage (which would also be a Fighting roll so that seems right.) To be honest a lot of this kind of coding for me is trying to use other examples like that and doing trial and error to see if I've got it figured out right or not.

The second one, though, only modifies weapon ranges, it does nothing for damage. Instead your you'd probably want something more like the first example. I'd have to check later on if there is something specific that could help qualify just pistols, though.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old August 13th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I was reading in a hurry. I'll look around at the gear flags and see if there's anything for it to look for there. If not, it'll just have to be remembered by the player; not like there aren't other, conditional modifiers on that on the XCOM Class lists that require that. I'm just trying to bake-in everything I can.
Paragon is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old August 14th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Just for information for anyone trying something similar, the following seems to have worked:

foreach pick in hero from WeapRange
if (eachpick.tagis[WeaponType.ModPistol] <> 0) then
eachpick.field[wpDmgBonus].value += 2
endif
nexteach

Note you'll get an artifact if the weapon already has a bonus or penalty on it, however; when I tried it with a gun that had a damage of 2D6-1, it displayed as "2D6-1+2". I suspect that's more of a pain to fix than its worth, and certainly didn't impact my usage (since none of the weapons used in my XCOM campaign have modifiers of that sort)
Paragon is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 14th, 2014, 08:34 AM
The funky damage might be if the -1 part of the damage was listed in the "Weapon Damage" field instead of in the "Damage Bonus" field. I suspect if it's in the "Damage Bonus" field it would calculate correctly. You could try copying the offending ones (assuming it's a default rather than one you created), precluding it and then fixing it in your version.

I'd also note that if you needed to reorganize the Types for some reason (lots of settings do that) you'll have to be sure to select the type where pistols are for you setting.

Oh, and you might want to post that into the Common Codes thread for other folks to check out as well if you wanted to share there.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old August 14th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
The funky damage might be if the -1 part of the damage was listed in the "Weapon Damage" field instead of in the "Damage Bonus" field. I suspect if it's in the "Damage Bonus" field it would calculate correctly. You could try copying the offending ones (assuming it's a default rather than one you created), precluding it and then fixing it in your version.
I figured it was likely the reason; as I said, its not worth bothering with since its entirely likely no one will ever use anything but the XCOM service pistol and its two high tech successors there. I could have just had it apply to the specific pistols if I wasn't a little OCD.

Quote:

I'd also note that if you needed to reorganize the Types for some reason (lots of settings do that) you'll have to be sure to select the type where pistols are for you setting.
Yeah. I noticed that, as written, there'd be no way to apply it to the by-the-book laser pistol because its just lumped into futuristic energy weapons and not broken out as, say, "energy pistol".

Quote:
Oh, and you might want to post that into the Common Codes thread for other folks to check out as well if you wanted to share there.
Given the above limitations, do you actually think its useful to post there? Its a little more--specific--than most of the code chunks I saw in that thread, and as you note, actually has some more heavy lifting to work right.
Paragon is offline   #30 Reply With Quote