Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

albagyrion

Old January 1st, 2018, 06:06 PM
If <ehem!> hypothetically I wanted to create a version of a Burning Skeleton (PF Bestiary p. 251) that was a Frosty Skeleton using Hero Lab, what would my best option be? I have tried simply modifying the Burning Skeleton such that it no longer has immunity to fire and sports a "frosty aura" equivalent to the Burning Skeleton's fiery aura.

That did not seem to pan out.

I also tried going the custom monster route, but I have not found the way to add the particulars of the "frosty aura" in lieu of the fiery aura. I am hoping someone has blazed a bit of trail in this area and can send some advice my way.

I am darned happy with HL so far. I am learning it as I read, learn, and experiment with Pathfinder, and it seems to have a lot of utility. Of course, I have to return to work tomorrow from vacation, so my pace will slow a bit now.
albagyrion is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old January 1st, 2018, 06:29 PM
The burning skeleton that I have is built with the "burning" template added onto a simple skeleton monster.

I'd try to copy the burning template and reverse it's effects if possible. Then you can import a normal skeleton monster and add the "frosty" template onto it all you like.
Quintain is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
albagyrion

Old January 3rd, 2018, 08:27 PM
I sort of fumbled around with using a Burning Skeleton as a starting point. I was trying to customize beyond the template a bit, which may be asking too much without editing data files and so forth. I can fudge it a bit to make it playable, but I have not discovered an elegant way to approach this yet.
albagyrion is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
albagyrion

Old January 4th, 2018, 06:44 PM
Well, I've made some progress during this magnificent storm. Snow day! (Somehow we have not--yet--lost power in the gale.) I've created the special quality, unique to the "race" in the Background tab. That, along with some adjustment tab work, seemed to do the trick.

Now if I can get a handle on how to replicate a skeleton's pattern of attacks with a battleaxe--but I'll start another thread for that.

MK
albagyrion is offline   #4 Reply With Quote