Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Bluefool

Old January 24th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Ok, its getting there, but this one is stumping me.

I have a group (Traits) with 47 group tags in it. A unit can have multiple tags from this group.

In my roster display, the traits column is 18 wide, and the multiple tags don't all fit into it. They are comma seperated, but I would like each tag to display on a new line. (I also want it do this for the other views, but one step at a time).

I can't find any settings that would change that, and my other thought was a carrige return after the tag name, but I can't find a list of allowable control chars in the tag name field.

I tried to find an example in the data files out there, but no luck.

Can someone point me in the right direction, or tell me of anexisting file to take a look at? Thanks!
Bluefool is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Russell
Volunteer Data File Author

Old January 24th, 2006, 11:49 AM
If you're interested in seeing the traits in a roster display (as opposed to the selection display), you'd be much better off using options to display the traits.

This would be easy to add to what you've already done, you just create an option for each Trait, ensure each option has a legality tag of the tag you've already created for it, then put them in a linkset marked global. Now, a unit automatically gets options for all of the Traits they have tags for.

Hope that helps,
Russell.
Russell is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bluefool

Old January 24th, 2006, 12:32 PM
I see what you mean, but its not what I'm after; all I want is to change the way it displays in the roster.
Bluefool is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Russell
Volunteer Data File Author

Old January 24th, 2006, 01:48 PM
I'm almost certain that what you are asking for isn't possible.
Rob may correct me though. :-)

Russell.
Russell is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Bluefool

Old January 26th, 2006, 04:56 AM
Well, its sounding like the option idea is my best bet, so next question: Right now, it seems each option prints on a new line. Is it possible to put say, one category of options all on the same line?

What I'm trying to avoid is a 5 page roster; many of the units have 4 or 5 of these traits, plus other options, so each unit listing may get a bit big.
Bluefool is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2006, 03:33 AM
You're exactly correct on this one. :-)

AB outputs everything in a column grid, with the assumption that each entry in the grid is output on a single line. It is not possible to output multiple lines within the column view.

If you have multiple traits/tags, could configure the corresponding unit stat to be displayed as "info" instead of as "column" data. This will cause the complete list of tags/traits to be displayed wihtin the unit details info window.

Russell's suggestion about using options is also a good one to consider.

-Rob

At 02:48 PM 1/24/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
I'm almost certain that what you are asking for isn't possible.
Rob may correct me though. [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Russell.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2006, 03:35 AM
By default, AB strings all options together into a single stream of text. There are no newlines inserted. However, the user can tell AB to put options on separate lines within the various settings. If AB is outputting each option on a separate line for you, check your settings and disable that behavior, after which AB should give you what you want.

-Rob

At 05:57 AM 1/26/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
Well, its sounding like the option idea is my best bet, so next question: Right now, it seems each option prints on a new line. Is it possible to put say, one category of options all on the same line?

What I'm trying to avoid is a 5 page roster; many of the units have 4 or 5 of these traits, plus other options, so each unit listing may get a bit big.
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote