Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

d20Maverick

Old January 4th, 2015, 06:11 PM
Are there plans to add the Medkit Upgrades option from Bullets and Bandages (pg. 18-19)? Or am I simply completely overlooking the option somewhere?
d20Maverick is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Tekwych

Old January 5th, 2015, 06:52 AM
Try the customize button in the medkit before you chose it and lock it.
Tekwych is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old January 5th, 2015, 07:01 AM
I did, on both a new character and an existing character, neither of which worked for me. Did that actually give you the option to upgrade the medkit? Because all I see are the Biomonitor and Simsense module options, and I've confirmed that Bullets and Bandages is enabled.

Hopefully it won't be restricted to only working before you lock your character for advancement, as that is really something a runner would do AFTER they start running and have to patch themselves up a few times.
d20Maverick is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 6th, 2015, 01:15 PM
What's the game difference between a medkit 2, upgraded to 4 and a medkit 4? Why not just delete the old one and purchase the upgraded version?
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old January 6th, 2015, 01:25 PM
By this post, the good news is, I wasn't overlooking anything. That makes me a bit happier.

Size (rating 4+ medkits are larger than rating 3 or less medkits, even without using the individual-rating sizes and costs from Bullets and Bandages p.17), cost, concealability modifier, and number of uses before needing to replace the medkit supplies are all based on the medkit's original rating, not the modified rating.

A possible fix is to add a checkbox to medkits after enabling Bullets and Bandages for "Upgraded", which applies only to Medkit rating 4 or lower medkits and boosts their calculated bonuses to First Aid and limit by 2.

Last edited by d20Maverick; January 6th, 2015 at 01:27 PM.
d20Maverick is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 6th, 2015, 01:49 PM
Okay, so until gear concealability is implemented, there's no difference in the stats that Hero Lab tracks about gear.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old January 6th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Cost (which is currently tracked) and number of uses (which are not currently tracked) are both different, but I take your point. I'll make do by purchasing rating 5 or 6 medkits at a 500 nuyen discount until concealability is implemented, thank you.
d20Maverick is offline   #7 Reply With Quote