Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dgrm44

Old November 27th, 2012, 03:10 PM
I have downloaded the Community Bestiary from http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....63&postcount=2

Where are the Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition monsters? I don't see them in the stock list to import?
Dgrm44 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old November 27th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Make sure you've configured a new portfolio to use the RotRL source, CTRL+K scroll down to adventure path Rise if the Runelords, first.

Then select the race you want, you should find the monsters in there. This is the usual place for bestiary creatures unless it's a ready made portfolio you are after then they aren't included in the community download anymore due to size restriction.

Hero lab community portfolios can be found on the D20PFsrd website.

The link should be in my signature below!

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 27th, 2012, 03:39 PM
As bodrin said with the .zip files located on d20pfsrd are broken down by chapter and encounter. Your looking for "AP01 Rise of the Runelords Anniversay PART1.zip" and "AP01 Rise of the Runelords Anniversay PART2.zip".

Otherwise if you go to "Portfolio->Import Stock Hero" you will see the below list. If I remember correctly the highlighted ones are the new Anniversary versions of the monsters.
Image2.jpg

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dgrm44

Old November 27th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I am a bit confused, I followed the instructions for the community complete using the xml file which allows Hero Lab to update through its interface. I see the monster list that you show in the screenshot but they don't seem to match. I will check them again.
Dgrm44 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 27th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgrm44 View Post
I am a bit confused, I followed the instructions for the community complete using the xml file which allows Hero Lab to update through its interface. I see the monster list that you show in the screenshot but they don't seem to match. I will check them again.
Did you download the zip files then? I know those are for sure the anniversary ones.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dgrm44

Old November 27th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Yes, the .por files in the two zips look like the correct monsters. Maybe its time to update the details and instructions about the community bestiary so that it is clearer on where everything is (and isn't). Currently it reads like everything is in the auto-update file and you can import from the .stock files.
Dgrm44 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 27th, 2012, 07:36 PM
I always do look to be clear and from the post you linked to it has:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Where to find the Monsters
1) Some of the monsters are included as .stock files and you find them by going to the HL Menu "Portfolio->Import Stock Hero...".
2) Do to the massive size of the .por files, 600megs as of 8/5/2012, I have stored each adventure path and module as a seperate .zip file that you can get from d20pfsrd. These are all stored in the "Community Bestiary" folder at the top.
So I am not really sure what more to post. The .por files are in one of those two locations. The main reason is I have already seen people complain about downloading a 100meg "Official" update. They would want my head with a 600+ meg "community" update.

I can make a note that the Anniversary version is only located on d20pfsrd and not as .stock files.

Sorry for the confusion....

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dgrm44

Old November 28th, 2012, 01:20 PM
I guess my quesition is are all the files listed on the site that are seperate downloads part of the Community Bestiary, or are only some of them? If only some then how do I differentiate between them?

Thanks.
Dgrm44 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 28th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Really trying to be helpful here so let me just highlight one section:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Where to find the Monsters
1) Some of the monsters are included as .stock files and you find them by going to the HL Menu "Portfolio->Import Stock Hero...".
2) Do to the massive size of the .por files, 600megs as of 8/5/2012, I have stored each adventure path and module as a seperate .zip file that you can get from d20pfsrd. These are all stored in the "Community Bestiary" folder at the top.
Then the web page has Yellow Folder named "Community Bestiary NPCs".
Image1.jpg

So any of the Zip Files located in the "Community Bestiary NPCs" folder are meant to work with the "Community Bestiary" addon.

I did add a note that the Anniversary addition files are ONLY located on d20pfsrd.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Dgrm44

Old November 29th, 2012, 04:22 PM
According to your post all monsters are in the the Community Bestiary (Except Rise of the Runelords Anniversary) and it is around 600MB, but when I run the update in Hero Lab to download, it is only around 40MB. Why the discrepency?

*UPDATE*
I think I understand now. The Hero Lab auto-update gets you 40MB, but you have to go to www.d20pfsrd.com. Then scroll down to Extras -> Hero Lab Community Repository menu on the left side of the page. Then scroll down that page to the download section and the first folder in that section entitled "Community Bestiary NPCs" contains the additional 560MB of content.

Last edited by Dgrm44; November 29th, 2012 at 04:30 PM.
Dgrm44 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote